Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Other Site still being held Hostage from old owner

Registered Member

Member #:2198
    I know if I even log in here it will give you guys a field day..

But the simple logic is Trifive gets a ton of post and if you do not put them in the correct categories, you will get ton's of complaints.

I don't admin any more, just observe.

I wish all of you guys well, and also I have no hard feeling about any negative comments about me, if it makes you happy that's fine.

But I know their are some good guys here.

Have a nice day .

otis

Member #:3477
    Quote Originally Posted by otis View Post
    I know if I even log in here it will give you guys a field day..

But the simple logic is Trifive gets a ton of post and if you do not put them in the correct categories, you will get ton's of complaints.

I don't admin any more, just observe.

I wish all of you guys well, and also I have no hard feeling about any negative comments about me, if it makes you happy that's fine.

But I know their are some good guys here.

Have a nice day .

otis
    So if you move them you get a complaint and if you dont move them you get a complaint. Sounds like you're screwed either way.

Why do you feel the need to plead your case here? Just curious.

Scorp
    Scorp

Rides:

1955 Chevy 2-door Wagon
    1967 MGB GT
    1970 Honda Trail 70
    1974 Yamaha 175 Enduro
    2004 Tacoma 4x4

I lost my best friend on 10/3/2018. Rest in Peace Dear Lucy. I miss you everyday.

Member #:115
    I think very few people look at "categories" on either site. All I do is hit "Today's Posts" or "New Posts" and I see all of the new ones since I looked at them last. That's the way I did it on the other site too, when I still posted there around 7 years ago. Even when searching for something I usually search the entire site. So the "categories" are really of pretty limited value.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

You can see my 56 Nomad build here http://www.picturetrail.com/chevynut

For affordable C4 Corvette Suspension conversions for your car, visit http://www.classicedgedesigns.com

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:571
    So the "categories" are really of pretty limited value.
    Goes for any site. This site or others aren't the library with the Dewey Decimal System (does the library even use it any more?)

Member #:1653
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    Goes for any site. This site or others aren't the library with the Dewey Decimal System (does the library even use it any more?)
    yup

Registered Member

Member #:3454
    I have been on that other site from time to time. I get the feeling it is a family and I am not a welcome member of that family. It seems very clanish to me. I do wish this site had more activity since i like it better. I have been a member of an Oldsmobile site for a long time and have never seen a post reclassified. I never look at where it is posted. I either go to new post or today's post. Just my 2 cents.

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    It seems very clanish to me.
    It seems very "gestapo-ish" to me. They control what you say, where it goes, and if you don't comply you get reprimanded or even banned. I never got banned, I left over a picture of a trophy pronghorn antelope I shot that I was "ordered" to remove. I refused and told Otis to stick it and haven't been back. How can a site say "anything goes" in Chit Chat and then tell you there's things you can't post just because someone doesn't like it. Screw 'em. They cater to a small group of whiners.

I do wish this site had more activity since i like it better.
    Keep in mind that it takes more members posting to get more activity. I have tried to post project updates, car info, and some technical stuff and I try to help guys with their problems, questions, finding stuff, etc. I don't mind a debate but I will correct someone's misinformation and defend myself if I'm attacked.

Some guys seem to feel that it's everyone else's obligation to "entertain" them. We had one guy quit the site not long ago complaining that there weren't enough people posting. I asked him to post his project pictures here months ago and he refused to do it. The site won't grow if everyone expects everyone else to post stuff for them to read.

We just had a guy who posted TWICE in 6 months and his last post was complaining that there were go-cart pictures in the gallery that should be removed. He provided ZERO content or added any value to the site. Who needs losers like that?
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

You can see my 56 Nomad build here http://www.picturetrail.com/chevynut

For affordable C4 Corvette Suspension conversions for your car, visit http://www.classicedgedesigns.com

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

Member #:516
    I was banned for life from "Otis'" site, haven't tried to go there since. I'm on another forum owned by the same group and almost all of it is parts for sale there's very little content on it. I wish I had more to contribute here on this forum, I might soon as I hope to start working on my '55 soon.

Member #:3477
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    I was banned for life from "Otis'" site, haven't tried to go there since. I'm on another forum owned by the same group and almost all of it is parts for sale there's very little content on it. I wish I had more to contribute here on this forum, I might soon as I hope to start working on my '55 soon.
    What earns a "banned for life"? Just curious.
    Scorp

Rides:

1955 Chevy 2-door Wagon
    1967 MGB GT
    1970 Honda Trail 70
    1974 Yamaha 175 Enduro
    2004 Tacoma 4x4

I lost my best friend on 10/3/2018. Rest in Peace Dear Lucy. I miss you everyday.

Member #:516
    I called Otis a whore!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast