Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Electric Auxilary Prime Fuel Pump in 55 Wagon

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    Let me let you in on a secret. "Corn gas" can screw up the fuel pump and gas tank on a carb'd setup too, as well as the carb. You have to deal with this no matter what you have.
    X2 .. and it's even worse in a car/vehicle/engine which isn't used daily or regularly... seems when the stuff 'sits' is when it does the damage...

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    Let me let you in on a secret. "Corn gas" can screw up the fuel pump and gas tank on a carb'd setup too, as well as the carb. You have to deal with this no matter what you have.
    You are preaching to the choir, that comment was for the know it all, its an equal opportunity destroyer.

Member #:530
    Carbureted engines are a tiny fraction of the engines in use today.....and shrinking.
    Sure. But still have the Holley 670 on the stock 327 in my wifes 59 Apache, and that sucker just dries up in a week or so if not driven. Then leaves the needle sticky, which causes the floats to stick "open" and thus pours gas out the side of the carb eventually. Have fixed it several times. Just need to drive the truck more often so it won't evaporate and dry out. (that's the moral of the story).
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123