Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: My '55 Belair 2 Door Hardtop Build (sort of

Member #:1723
    Troy,
    Looking good! Lots of progress - best of luck on the startup!
    Regards, Doug

Member #:516
    Why in the world am I having problems uploading pic to this thread? Can someone help me with the procedure?

Member #:3217
    Troy? Haven't you posted photos here before ? Are you using a cell phone camera and posting from your cell phone? (if so I can't be much help). cell phone screens are TOO SMALL for my eyes to see much, so I transfer the images to my computer and post from it. I made a detailed post a couple of days ago for helping other new folks, you might look for that post?

Bama, yes I have but every time it's a pain in the butt!!! I down load them from my phone to my computer then try to upload them to the site. Was your post just about uploading pics or was it in another subject post? I couldn't find it!!

Member #:3
    Hello Troy

See if this will work for you
    Sid

How do I attach a file to a post?

To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.

Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.

What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?

In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.

How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing [img] before the URL and [/img] after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert photos from your albums (?) in this way too.

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Thank You Sid,

I cut and pasted this to an email to myself and now I can go to it when ever I need help!!! Plus I just attached a photo to a reply and it WORKED!!!!!

Here's the state of my '55 right now!! I'm working on the new side motor mounts and the power brake system.

55-Front-End.jpg

I'm wondering if anyone here can show me some pictures of how you routed your brake lines, this would really help me out!! Thanks

Member #:4399
    Hi Troy. Nothing worthwhile to add regarding brake lines. Just to say nice progress. Getting a lot accomplished out of small space. Be great to she ol girl running again soon.

Member #:3217
    Troy, unless you have some reason not to, I'd suggest routing the brake lines the same way that the factory did... in fact, attempting to duplicate the factory approach is generally a great idea unless you are certain you can Improve on it...

Yeah Bama, that's the plan I was wondering what it looks like to run the two lines from the master cylinder down the the frame. That's what I want to see.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast