Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: My '55 Belair 2 Door Hardtop Build (sort of

Registered Member

Member #:625
    My 56 still has the oem steel 1/4 inch line feeding rear wheels only. I have plugs at each ft wheel. I added single 3/16 to each ft wheel. Just like Gm did on later models. Prop valve under master just like later cars. You cannot out trick the factory sometimes.

Member #:516
    One other question, I bought this system new from a guy who was upgrading to big four wheel brakes. I didn't get any instructions and I haven't been able to find any info online. My question is which outlet is for the rear drums and which is for the front drums? If you need to see my set-up see the last picture!! Thanks.

Member #:3217
    That photo is too small (too far away) to see any detail on your brake MC/booster/lines arrangement. Do you know what parts are/were included with that kit? I have some instructions that I got with a kit that I could send you if you like?

IIRC generally the front reservoir is for the front brakes and the rear reservoir for the rears... If you are staying with drums all the way around and only converting to the dual MC, then all you need is the MC and the lines. If you want to put a differential switch in (to detect a failure in one of the front/rear systems, then that can be plumbed in right under the MC with it's two outputs going to the front/rear brakes. It will also have an electrical output to trigger a BRAKE or ERROR light on your dash. For the rear brakes, just do what the factory did, take the single line down the passenger frame rail and then a flex hose to get to the differential T, and then from the T to the left and right sides. You have a bracket to hold the T on the diff.
    The front output can be taken down to the left front wheel and just before you get there for the flex hose, T off to the right hand side front wheel.
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 07-21-2020 at 08:05 PM.

Bama,

That would be great to have those instructions. Do you have a digital copy, if not don't worry about it!! Thanks!!

I'm pretty sure I do have a digital copy Troy.. PM me or post your email addy and I'll send it to you..!

Done, Thanks!

I sent you a couple of files and a few photos. The instructions were not as detailed as I recalled, so maybe I have another that was in print? If yuo need more help, maybe I can find it and scan the best pages?

Hmmm I didn't get them!

Check your spam folder...

Troy,

Is the below your email address?

Sent: Friday, July 24, 2020 9:01 PM
    To: 't.a.stevens@comcast.net'
    Subject: Disk brake install instructions...

Troy,

Attached is a couple of sets of instructions I obtained from ABS power brakes, who provided the brake kit I used. I think I also got some instructions from
    AutoCity (who I actually bought the kit from)… ABS Power provided the kit to AutoCity..

If you are still concerned about plumbing from the MC or valve to the front/rear brakes, let me know and I'll send you more photos or instructions.

Gary
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 07-25-2020 at 06:54 PM.

Thank Bama got it!!! I didn't know you were spam I thought maybe BBQ!!!

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast