Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: My '55 Belair 2 Door Hardtop Build (sort of

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustaddict View Post
    Have you stopped building frames permanately ?
    Yes, I shut down my business website at the beginning of 2022 and finished up the last two frame projects. We built 113 total projects in the time I ran the part-time business. I had 3-4 guys interested in buying the business from me but I haven't pursued it any further. One guy was the last one we built a frame for and he came and watched the build for a day. I showed him all the jigs, patterns, etc. and I was supposed to give him a price but never followed through because I got too busy and he never pushed for more info. I still have 4-5 frames, a bunch of C4 suspensions, some laser cut parts, and all the jigs, setup suspension parts, patterns and CAD files. I may still advertize it for sale on a Tri5 forum like FB. It's a great money-making part-time business but with my own car and taking care of two homes 800 miles apart it just got to be too much and I really don't need the money.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Banned

Member #:2775
    I've always wanted to read something about one of your chassis on the road but have never been able to find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    I've always wanted to read something about one of your chassis on the road but have never been able to find anything.
    I've always wanted to find someone that says you're not an ass, but still haven't found anyone who says that.

There's dozens of cars with my frames and clips out there, all over the country and even in NZ. One customer from NJ contacted me and said he was amazed at how his 57 performs, and it "drives like a slot car". He teaches race car driving.....sorry he didn't call you too. Call Wade Linger and Bruce Bourgoin and ask them, dumphuk.

Power Tour.jpg

397448091.jpg

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Banned

Member #:2775
    Have you ever driven any cars with your frame under it? That is one of the reasons why I didn't want one, including how you have acted towards me and many others over the years Mr. nice guy. Your design and attitude talked me right into cancelling my order and giving up the deposit, which worked out great going with a different builder with a better design for less money.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 07-21-2023 at 04:31 AM.

Member #:530
    nomad.jpg

Mine's on the road...
    and it too drives like a slot car
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    Have you ever driven any cars with your frame under it? That is one of the reasons why I didn't want one, including how you have acted towards me and many others over the years Mr. nice guy. Your design and attitude talked me right into cancelling my order and giving up the deposit, which worked out great going with a different builder with a better design for less money.
    Yes I have. As is typical of your ongoing crap, you have taken Tony's thread off-topic and can't keep your mouth shut. I simply answered a question from Rustaddict about shutting down my business and you have to stick your nose into it as usual. I don't know why Sid doesn't ban you again for the third time....you're like a bratty little child who doesn't learn.

For the record, I offered to give you contact information for the guys who were driving their cars when we discussed your frame build, but instead you started bashing my frames and everything about C4 suspensions and were claiming they were "outdated" and spewed your ongoing bullshit every chance you got. Anyone can search on your posts from years ago and see the crap you were posting about me, my frames, my car, and my business back then and even today. It's been going on since early 2016.

After answering dozens of your questions in e-mail and talking to you on the phone, you signed the contract and paid your non-refundable deposit which was clearly stated as non-refundable in the contract. You're the ONLY guy I haven't refunded his deposit for, because of your constant bashing of me, my frames and my car from Day One. You gave no reason for cancelling your order other than you changed your mind. The frame you bought is inferior in design, and cost you more than I quoted you. I have countered all your clueless bashing with engineering explanations and calculations to the point that I get tired of dealing with your ignorance. I've built far more tri5 conversion projects than the guy who built your frame, and I've met and talked to him. On top of everything else, you prove yourself to be a liar.
    Last edited by chevynut; 07-21-2023 at 11:39 AM.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCrazy View Post
    Mine's on the road...
    and it too drives like a slot car
    Thanks Paul. Here's a pic I have of your frame which he claims is inferior to his.....LOL!

cropped.jpg

I'm so sick of this bullshit from this moron RD. I don't get feedback from all my customers when they're driving their cars, and I doubt any frame builder does. I built these frames over many years and have lost contact with some customers. i know some have abandoned their projects and sold them.

Here's another one that's driveable which was one of the last ones I built:

IMG_3567.jpeg

Tony, sorry for cluttering up your build page. I won't post here anymore about my frames, but I won't bet that RD won't.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Member #:516
    No problem, I understand!! Oh and it's Troy!!!

Well, I've been working on small projects, painting and repairing small part on my '55!! I FINALLY got the frame out, so I can cut off some things, weld up some things, and then off to powder coat shop!!! I can't understand the price difference between the two local shops!!! The one down the street a few miles away wants $5200.00 to powder coat it, another shop that I've used to powder coat many go karts and other misc. stuff wants $1100.00. Why such a difference? Anyway the frame powder coated should get me moving along!!! Oh and one more thing I spent two plus hours scraping off most of the old undercoating!!!

55 Chassis.jpg
    Last edited by Troy; 08-28-2023 at 04:24 PM.

Howdy All,

I'm trying to figure out if there's a process for placing the body back on the chassis, I would like to know if there's a way to go about shimming the body on the mounts. Do I just set the body on the mounts and then shim up the ones that don't touch the body? I there some particular mounts to start with and then add the rest? I really could use some help with it, thanks!!

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast