Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: TriFive Nats

  1. #21
    Registered Member BeachGirl55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017

    Member #:3611
    Location
    Havasu
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    BG... Can you elaborate a bit? I am not a member of the American TriFive ASSociation, so I don't 'know' Steve or what he did with the ATFA... I read the thread on the other site, but it only said he would not be 'writing' in the ATFA mag... so HOW was he treated? Was/IS he an employee of Woody's? or an employee of the ATFA? or ??
    not sure how deeply he was with them, after whatever fall out he had with them and him deciding to stop writing his articles he was notified by FaceBook to stop using the avatar and such on the page he started helping spread the ATFA, FB was most likely contacted by the higher ups from ATFA , as of yesterday he has changed the name I believe to Tri-Five Chevrolet International ?

  2. #22
    Registered Member BamaNomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Member #:3217
    Location
    Rocket City, USA (Huntsville, AL area)
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    Can you expound upon this please. Having already made and paid, I'll be there regardless.
    One doesn't HAVE to be an ATFA member to attend the Tri-five Nats (but I think members get a little discount?). I'm not a member, I stopped 'paying' for 'membership' in organizations that are *owned* by a single entity... ie. it's NOT a club if one individual or company can choose to shut it down, or sell it... IMO. I learned my lesson with Doug Moorhead and the CCCI long ago!

    But .. my understanding is that Woody's OWNS the ATFA .. and the ATFA puts on the TriFive nats in conjunction with (somehow) Danchuk...?
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 08-03-2019 at 03:36 PM.

  3. #23
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Member #:571
    Posts
    3,915
    Not being a member of AFTA, I'm not familiar with Steve Blades.

    Also saw the "Steve Blades" thread on the other site, and no one said what happened to who by who.

    Sounds like he was promoting something using their name that they didn't like or get credit for - or maybe some of the other way around as well.

    But I don't see boycotting an event like this as meaningful unless the organizers made it personal to me.

    Too bad they can't have it in a better venue with better weather. I know that's hard to pull off.

  4. #24
    Registered Member BeachGirl55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017

    Member #:3611
    Location
    Havasu
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    Not being a member of AFTA, I'm not familiar with Steve Blades.

    Also saw the "Steve Blades" thread on the other site, and no one said what happened to who by who.

    Sounds like he was promoting something using their name that they didn't like or get credit for - or maybe some of the other way around as well.

    But I don't see boycotting an event like this as meaningful unless the organizers made it personal to me.

    Too bad they can't have it in a better venue with better weather. I know that's hard to pull off.
    the info I read was on Steve's ATFA Facebook page, someone complained to FB about the use of the avatar pic and possibly the use of the name by Steve, which has been ok for the past 4 years or so, Steve wrote the tech article for the ATFA magazine then stopped a little while back, now suddenly they have an issue with use of the pic and name, from what I heard Steve left on good terms and even considered returning in the future but guess not now, lol. Steve is a good guy and helps a lot of us when he can and has a huge knowledge base as well , I am not boycotting the Nationals I was merely up in the air about going this year and this just helped my decision, as for the future shows and me going who knows.....

  5. #25
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Member #:571
    Posts
    3,915
    Hopefully we can all judge our participation in this event by what it might mean for us personally, and disregard the political/money issues behind the scenes until they affect us personally. Certainly some feel burned by the old Classic Chevy club and rightly so if you didn't make the connection between the commercial aspect and the club aspect soon enough.

  6. #26
    Registered Member BamaNomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Member #:3217
    Location
    Rocket City, USA (Huntsville, AL area)
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    Hopefully we can all judge our participation in this event by what it might mean for us personally, and disregard the political/money issues behind the scenes until they affect us personally. Certainly some feel burned by the old Classic Chevy club and rightly so if you didn't make the connection between the commercial aspect and the club aspect soon enough.
    I have to reply to that one... I joined the CCCI very early, we began a local chapter and promoted/helped the national club grow. When it began it WAS a club, founded by 3 individuals. One of those individuals (Doug Moorhead) was hired by the 'club' to run it (the other two guys had jobs and didn't want to quit them). It WAS a club up until the club grew and was putting on the international conventions for a few years, then someone raised the question of INSURANCE, and that lead to INCORPORATION of the club... all this was very open up to this point, including the publication of the Incorporation papers (which Doug filled out and applied for). IT was published in the magazine for all to read, and many of us questioned why he put his own name under the 'Ownership' entry... His response was 'I had to put something'...... It wasn't long before he SOLD the club to a corporation for a reported $7Mil... after that there was NO doubt that it was not a club any longer! It's been sold since that time another once or twice, and now is just a division of Ecklers... owned by a large holding company!

  7. #27
    Registered Member chevynut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Member #:115
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    10,055
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    I have to reply to that one... I joined the CCCI very early, we began a local chapter and promoted/helped the national club grow. When it began it WAS a club, founded by 3 individuals. One of those individuals (Doug Moorhead) was hired by the 'club' to run it (the other two guys had jobs and didn't want to quit them). It WAS a club up until the club grew and was putting on the international conventions for a few years, then someone raised the question of INSURANCE, and that lead to INCORPORATION of the club... all this was very open up to this point, including the publication of the Incorporation papers (which Doug filled out and applied for). IT was published in the magazine for all to read, and many of us questioned why he put his own name under the 'Ownership' entry... His response was 'I had to put something'...... It wasn't long before he SOLD the club to a corporation for a reported $7Mil... after that there was NO doubt that it was not a club any longer! It's been sold since that time another once or twice, and now is just a division of Ecklers... owned by a large holding company!
    I joined the National Nomad Club in 1974 and Classic Chevy Club in 1978. I think my number is 12722. Not sure why I remember that though,

    I still have all my NNC and CCC magazines in boxes. I remember when it was obvious it was no longer a club and I dropped my membership. I don't remember when I quit but it was probably in the 90's. I haven't been a member of any tri5 organization since then as I see no benefit to it. I rearely buy from Ecklers because they carry the same stuff as everyone else, but at a higher price. I do belong to Goodguys.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

    You can see my 56 Nomad build here http://www.picturetrail.com/chevynut

    For affordable C4 Corvette Suspension conversions for your car, visit http://www.classicedgedesigns.com

    Other vehicles:

    56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

  8. #28
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Member #:625
    Posts
    2,334
    I was a member of CCI in the 80s and dropped out in the 90s, I too still have a couple boxes of Mags. I went to one convention in Omaha Ne.

  9. #29
    Administrator 567chevys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Member #:3
    Location
    Kelso,Washington
    Posts
    2,061
    Here is something some one email from Face book , I do not used Facebook & never will !!

    Thanks Sid


    I think this from Steve Blades

    For those that aren't aware, I changed the name of this group from the American Tri-Five to Tri-Five Chevrolet International. I did this after the owner of the ATFA complained to FB about the logo still being used now that I am no longer with the magazine. Everything else will remain the same within the group. I'm sorry for any confusion that this may have caused, but it's all finished now. I am very honored and proud of being a part of the ATFA during it's first four years and of the work that I did while there. I left the magazine on my own accord and that's all that I will say about the subject. I don't like drama, and this will hopefully be the end of it. Now, let's get back to our beloved Tri-Five's!!

    1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2019 Ford Suoer Duty F350
    2018 Ford Explorer
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1934 Plymouth PE Coupe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •