I have a question about the VA Surefit AC for '56 Chevy. Does anything fit without headaches? I haven't found anything that is a sure fit yet. The evaporator took two people and a ratchet strap on the bottom of the dash to install. The firewall cover didn't fit so I made my own. The drain line wasn't even long enough.

The latest is the condenser. I installed the two angle brackets on each side of the condenser exactly like the instructions. Them I learned the hard lines did not have enough clearance to turn the nuts. So I modified the brackets.

When I tried to install the condenser the brackets were too tight against the sides of the radiator support. But with a lot of force and bending I got it on. When I tried to tighten the bolts to hold it on I found out the brackets didn't reach far enough over the bolts to hold them on. The condenser was all the way against the radiator but the side brackets need to be about 1/2 of an inch longer. (The radiator is a stock replacement six cylinder '56 radiator, not a custom one.) If they had made the brackets too long it would have been easy to cut off the excess. But since they are too short it is going to be a problem. So I have to modify the brackets again.

I realize each car is a little different, but they could have designed some adjustments to make up for the slight variations. Plus the instructions suck. It says there is a left and right bracket but it doesn't tell which is which or why there is a difference. There are no photos, only drawings.

I picked this AC because everyone ,even Jay Leno, says this the brand to get. Of course Jay Leno doesn't install his own. If my health and finances hold up and I ever get to build another Trifive it won't have VA air. After all the headaches I just hope it works and is cool.