Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tri Five owner killed in accident on I65 Bowling Green

Member #:3611

Tri Five owner killed in accident on I65 Bowling Green

rumor is that accident was result of a blown tire , condolences to his family

https://www.wnky.com/man-killed-in-a...bowling-green/

Member #:33
    sad news, prayers for him and family.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:1653
    It was a blown front tire. Driver was thrown from the car. No other passengers. Prayers to the family.

"
    A Southern Indiana man was killed Friday evening in Bowling Green, Kentucky, when police said he crashed a 1955 Chevrolet that was in town for an antique car celebration.
    Gerald Andres, 69, of Floyds Knobs, Indiana, was killed about 5:30 p.m. Friday on Interstate 65 South near mile marker 26 after he lost control of the vintage Chevrolet and was ejected when the car overturned after hitting an embankment off the side of the interstate, according to Kentucky State Police.Andres was not wearing a seatbelt, according to state troopers.Andres and his antique Chevrolet were reportedly in Bowling Green for the Danchuk Tri-Five Nationals, a weekend celebration of 1955, 1956 and 1957 Chevrolet models.An investigation into the crash is ongoing.
    "
    Last edited by NickP; 08-10-2019 at 08:14 PM.

Member #:3249
    Sad. Prayers for him and family.

Member #:3217
    What I heard at Bowling Green about this accident:

1) The man was from Indiana and 'friends' of his were behind him in their car(s) when he had the blowout and accident. It was said that they'd been telling him for years that his tires were too old to be safe...

2) He was driving ~ 70 mph with no seatbelt (buckled).. not sure if he had them and didn't use them, or had never added them to the car.

Moral of this story/event:

1) if your tires are OLD (more than 6-7 yrs)... sitting in the garage or around the block at low speed is the only safe use.
    2) Install seat belts (at least, and shoulder harnesses if you can) and USE them on every trip!

Seat belts are EASY to install; but shoulder harnesses might be a little/lot more difficult depending on your car's model.

Think how his friends who 'SAW' his accident must have felt... and still be feeling! Don't do your friends this way!

Member #:3249
    I will not drive a car off my property without seat belts, and I use them each and every time I drive, even just down the road to the mailbox. I've got 3 point belts in my 56.

Member #:3217
    I'm the same way Buster; always buckle / wear my seat belts (tightened up), and shoulder harnesses if the car has them!

When I was young (21) in the USAF, I ordered a new '70 Roadrunner; I got a speeding ticket the first night I drove it, and 6 more in the next 4 months, with the last for 'speeding, racing, reckless driving, ignoring the blue light, and resisting arrest' (I didn't really do all that stuff but that story is too long for this forum!). But, after discussing these issues with my commanding officer, I spent Saturday Mornings (3-4 hrs) for the next few months attending 'Safety Driving Classes' - which was predominantly films, showing every type of wreck, both staged and actual, one could imagine. From that point on, I became a FIRM seat belt believer! One has to remain in position behind the wheel and controls in order to have any control at all during an incident, and in the event of a wreck you want your body to be treated like a 'well packaged' item, held snugly in the package, not to be shook, rattled, or 'tossed out'...

Member #:1653
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    What I heard at Bowling Green about this accident:

1) The man was from Indiana and 'friends' of his were behind him in their car(s) when he had the blowout and accident. It was said that they'd been telling him for years that his tires were too old to be safe...

2) He was driving ~ 70 mph with no seatbelt (buckled).. not sure if he had them and didn't use them, or had never added them to the car.

Moral of this story/event:

1) if your tires are OLD (more than 6-7 yrs)... sitting in the garage or around the block at low speed is the only safe use.
    2) Install seat belts (at least, and shoulder harnesses if you can) and USE them on every trip!

Seat belts are EASY to install; but shoulder harnesses might be a little/lot more difficult depending on your car's model.

Think how his friends who 'SAW' his accident must have felt... and still be feeling! Don't do your friends this way!
    I have a picture of the car on I65, buckled in or not, I don't think he would have survived. Prayers out to all impacted by this. Rest in Peace.

Member #:2941

Very sad to learn of Jerry's passing. If anyone would like to leave their condolences for his family, you may do so here......

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/louisville/obituary.aspx?n=jerry-andres-waco&pid=193615653&fhid=11184

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/new-albany-in/jerry-waco-andres-8816235

G-dspeed,

Harry
    Last edited by enigma57; 09-11-2019 at 10:01 PM.
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

Member #:2442
    Very sad news. Always wear a seat belt and check your older tires regularly. They can be bad even when the tread looks good. I had a couple of tires that were 20 plus years old that developed problems (broken belts) even though the tread looked fine. Luckily I never had a blowout with them before i replaced them.
    Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast