Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Registered Member

Member #:3477

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

So lesson learned.

A good friend bought a 55 Sedan. He doesnt have a garage, just a driveway. The plan was to keep in his driveway for a few months and then store in his daughters garage. So I say; you can keep it in my garage until Spring while you make arrangements with your daughter. This is October 2017. I want you to move it by March 2018.

He comes over and wants to work on the car and it becomes a regular occurance.

Spring comes. and goes. So does summer and winter. So does 2018.

Its now 2019, and in the Spring its still here and then through May. Friend is using my tools, my supplies, my utilities, my workbench. He has his stuff everywhere.

At this time I buy a sports car. I tell the friend I need space. I can barely squeeze the MG in the garage. Still his car doesnt move.

I tell him I want to work with the MG. He offers to help me push it outside to work on it since I cant get the doors open very far. Really?

At this point I say sedan has to go in 4 weeks. 4 weeks comes and goes. Its now nearly two years in my garage.

So, I stop buying supplies, lock my tool boxes. I simply cutoff access to my stuff. And tell him it needs be out by labor day.

So it finally left last night.

As he packed it up, I could see how much stuff he had everywhere in the garage. Under this bench, behind this cabinet, under this tool box.

So after 2 years I can walk around again, I can get to my chevy and my MG. I spent the day just working on my stuff and not stumbling around someone else's stuff. Wow.

Of course now I feel like the bad guy. Tough lesson.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Scorp
    Last edited by scorpion1110; 08-23-2019 at 05:11 PM.