Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: This was Interesting

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Registered Member

Member #:3477
    So CN, this is the ongoing hard start issue. I thought, and perhaps wrongly that fuel was washing back from the carbs. I could see it held before the pump, but the lines after were dry. Fuel is going somewhere.

Nothing is leaking but perhaps the fuel pump is faulty- its new, but that doesnt mean anything.

So my plan is to take Rick's advice, plumb in a 100 micron filter before the pump, and then run to a Fuel Lab 10 micron with a built in check valve after the pump but before the carbs. Regardless of the pump situation thats the right filter set-up to the carbs.

I was hoping to get the wiring sorted, and then run the 55 for a while. However, I have a 12 bolt posi from a 70 chevelle, which I am having cut down to fit the Wagon. He's going to take it apart, powdercoat the housing, shorten it to 60", reinstall the 3:91 gears with new Moser axles. Once the stock rear is out, I am pulling the tank, replacing it and running a 3/8 line with an electric pump.

Its done then and its only money right?

And not a word about an FI conversion, otherwise I am going to install my SY1 intake with an 830 cfm carb, and send you a pic everyday.

Scorp
    Last edited by scorpion1110; 09-16-2019 at 07:09 PM. Reason: forgot a word