I typically don't do this kind of work for my customers but I agreed to build a new firewall and fix the transmission tunnel that another shop cut out of the HEMI55. They cut it out from the firewall all the way to the rear seat. I had a section I cut out of another floor that I was going to use and began trimming away the junk welds that the former shop did on the floor. They were apparently going to screw the new transmission tunnel covers (three of them) to flanges they welded to the floor.

As I got to fitting the pieces I had, I crawled under the car to scribe some cut lines. I noticed several pinholes in the driver's floor pan. There are lots of welds in the rear floor pans, probably from "repairing" pinholes there. Also, the center floor brace has a 10" wide section cut out of it with the ends capped, allowing the floor to sag in the middle. There were also some previous lapped patches on either side of the transmission tunnel.

After assessing where I was, the work required to fix everything, and the condition of the floor, I decided it didn't make any sense to proceed with fixing what was there. Steve would end up with a mess and my work might be wasted if he decided he didn't like it

So I recommended that he replace the entire floor in the car. I found one on sale on Ebay for under $900 shipped and he's ordering it to have it drop shipped to me. It's a 1-piece Golden Star floor with inner rockers. I told him that I wasn't sure I wanted to deal with it, but I guess I'm stuck doing it.

It's a HT but the outer rockers are good (so it seems) so I'm not sure I need to brace the body, though I might anyhow. Taking the body off is easy.

Anyhow, for anyone here who's done it how many hours do you estimate to cut out the old floor, prep the seams, fit everything, and plug weld and grind the new one-piece floor?