So I continue to wire and clean-up the engine bay of the 55 handyman. A lot of this is rework. I spent a lot of time on this while on a round of Chemo, and I just dont think I was designing with clarity. I am redoing a lot.

So now I am looking at the brakes. I thought id just leave the drums, but now they are going for a set of discs. I think I am going to start over at the firewall too. I am going to ditch the power booster, and replace the master and the prop valve, and go with a hydro-boost. It will save space and eliminate any issues with having enough vacuum.

Rick L has provided info previously about using a circa 95 Astrovan boost unit. CN makes a bracket and the plumbing diagram is available on line. The question is the power steering.

I have a factory PS setup. How difficult to adapt the factory PS? Any diagram on that and can you get hoses for the Control valve? Or do they have to be made?

It would seem the parts list would be:

Boost unit
Firewall mount
Actuator rod modified as necessary
MC disc/drum
Prop valve
Hoses
Hose tee
AN fittings as necessary

BTW, I know it might be easier to swap out the factory for aftermarket but it fits well and works and I wouldnt mind keeping it.

So thoughts?

Thanks.