Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Salinas Ca.

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by WagonCrazy View Post
    I have a good friend Bob Haas who goes by HYPR on Chevytalk and other forums. He's here in Saugus near where I live in Newhall CA....still has his smallblock-supercharged 56 DelRay post car. probably who you were thinking of chevynut...
    Yes, that's who I was thinking of Paul. Strange coincidence.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:4251
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Thanks for the explanation and clearing up my confusion, Robert. I recognized your name from somewhee (Chevytalk??) and I googled it and saw that thread. No offense intended, I was just curious.

Looks like a really nice car and I've always loved those "weird" colors. What are your plans for it?
    Plans? I am supposed to have plans?? Holy crap, nobody told me...LOL

I own a hot rod shop and specialize in ground up builds of C10 trucks

That said. this car is not going that route.

A simple coil over program, big brakes, rack and pinion steering with a fuel injected big block and a Tremec 6 speed all wrapped up in stock body, paint and a reproduction stock interior sporting vintage air.

That is the plan at this moment.

Here is a few pictures of my current build a 1965 GMC C10 we built this chassis in house.

Probably will changeupload_2017-12-17_18-20-33.jpegupload_2017-12-17_18-22-15.jpeg
    Last edited by Robert Haas; 10-29-2019 at 07:29 AM.

Registered Member

Member #:4256
    Nice car. Good to see another family member. LOL

Registered Member

Member #:4251
    How about an update?

I have been building my war chest and have squirreled away enough money to start the build. I dropped the block off at the machine shop Monday, I ordered a full rotating assembly from Scat, a set of heads and intake from Brodix. A full roller cam assembly from Comp Cams. American power train is assembling my Tremec 6 speed and I ordered an entire interior from Ciadella. I spoke with the folks at Nu-Relics and will have the power window kit here by the end of the month.

I need to find out what motor mounts and oil pan will fit the engine. I believe the standard rear sump sheet metal will clear but maybe somebody on here will let me know if I am wrong.

Headers are another head scratcher, Big blocks use up a lot of real estate and I need some 2" primary headers that will fit. Hope somebody can help me with this, building headers from scratch is not something I want to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12