Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1110 View Post
I have a 4-post. When I did the addition to my garage I had the ceiling done with stick truss'. The height issue went away. I wanted the space that a 2-post can take away.

Biggest nuisance is wheels off work. I have been looking at bridge jacks but the range in price from $700-$1500. I have the jack tray that came with the lift.

How do you handle wheels off the ramps for brake work? Do you have any pictures?

Overall I like the 4-post better than a two due to the storage capabilities, and probably need that darn bridge jack to make it easier for wheels off work.

I use the tray and have it lined with close fitting 2x4’s for a flat surface level with the ramps so a regular small floor jack can lift the car as it sets on the 2x4’s. I also have smaller jack stands that fit nicely. Or I fit blocks between the jack arm and the axle since I’m not under the car and don’t use stands.

The nice thing is I can lower the lift and work on the brakes sitting on a stool. I just use a two step stool to reach and refill the master cylinder. Mighty vacuum make it a one man job.

I just can’t see how anybody would prefer on the floor with jack stands over using a lift. It is so much more convenient working standing up vs on your back on the floor. I don’t care what beer your drinking changing a transmission or starter on your back on the floor sucks.