Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick Jack

Member #:115

Quick Jack

In case anyone is interested, Home Depot is having a sale on Quick Jacks.....great prices. I applied for a credit card and got another $100 off.

I just bought the BL-700SLX. I think it's a great alternative to a lift for those who don't want a lift taking up space in their shop. It gets the car high enough to do most maintenance you need to do. I got the 700 so it would lift my truck too.

https://www.quickjack.com/car-lifts/
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Banned

Member #:2775
    Hopefully it's strong enough, and low enough to lift your Nomad. I've seriously looked at those before, but lift height is a little short at 21 inches, and no access from the side. Down the center would be tough on a tri-5 since the frame rails are only 30 inches apart on the inside leaving no room to scoot in from either end. they don't look all that handy to use either. I am still waiting for someone to build the perfect portable undercar, or "freestanding" side-lift which doesn't exist yet, so I will keep using my Rotory undercar 27in lift until I see something much better. I bought this lift used 18 years ago for $600.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EQjsTfa6TY
    IMG_2966.JPG
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 11-21-2019 at 03:37 PM.

The jacks only block the center 60" of the car where the driveshaft and mufflers are from the side. If I can't get between the jacks at 30" apart, I probably should go on a diet....it should be no problem. The engine and transmission are still pretty much accessible, as is the differential, in front of and behind the jacks. It would sure be nice to change oil, adjust the clutch, etc. If I need to do more under the car I can put it on jackstands and pull the jacks away. Just getting the car up in the air is a lot easier with these than using floor jacks and they lift the whole car at once. They go down to 3 3/4" so they'll barely fit under my Nomad. And they lift 7000 pounds. I went with the 7000 instead of the 5000 so I could lift my truck too....great for rotating tires, working on brakes, etc. It sure would have been nice to have these when I changed my Duramax injectors, as I could have taken the tires off and lowered the car to make engine access a lot easier.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Banned

I've been waiting a long time to see your car sitting on the frame, and how you do it?IMG_3326.JPG

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Some may see this type of jack as useful but I don't. Just too restrictive and not enough difference from using jack stands.

Registered Member

Member #:4017
    If it’s anything like the photo in #2 posting it sure looks like a Mickey Mouse contraption. I wouldn’t put any of my cars up on that. I would expect a few cuss words because the lift contraption is totally in the way and I’d still be sitting on the floor. A real 2 or 4 post lift is clearly better solution. Sure it cost more but when I have as much invested in my cars as I do I’m sure not gonna skimp on a lift. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmvette View Post
    If it’s anything like the photo in #2 posting it sure looks like a Mickey Mouse contraption. I wouldn’t put any of my cars up on that. I would expect a few cuss words because the lift contraption is totally in the way and I’d still be sitting on the floor.
    I agree.....did you bother looking at the Quick Jack in the link I provided?

The cost of a lift isn't the issue for me. It's the massive amount of space it takes up. If I had the room for one, I'd install a lift. And I have a lot bigger shop than most guys do.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Registered Member

Member #:4017
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    I agree.....did you bother looking at the Quick Jack in the link I provided?

The cost of a lift isn't the issue for me. It's the massive amount of space it takes up. If I had the room for one, I'd install a lift. And I have a lot bigger shop than most guys do.

Mickey Mouse contraption and a poor excuse for a lift. It’s still no better than jack stands for access as another pointed out. Plus the damn thing is in the way. It’s only a few inches off the floor and one is still laying on the floor.

A 2 or 4 post lift adds space since cars can be stacked. Cars can be parked in the same location as lift. I don’t see where that argument holds any water.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gmvette View Post
    If it’s anything like the photo in #2 posting it sure looks like a Mickey Mouse contraption. I wouldn’t put any of my cars up on that. I would expect a few cuss words because the lift contraption is totally in the way and I’d still be sitting on the floor. A real 2 or 4 post lift is clearly better solution. Sure it cost more but when I have as much invested in my cars as I do I’m sure not gonna skimp on a lift. Seriously.
    I know that was a mickey mouse setup I used, but it was just the body shell, and I wasn't going to crawl under it. I was just using what I had to get the trailer out from under the body, which worked. I will have the body lifted up off the frame many times before the car is done, and this lift will work fine for that. Undercar access is actually pretty good. Of course a 2 post would be better, but I only have an 8 foot ceiling anyway. 2 posts lifts are not fool proof either. There have been many accidents with those too. "ABC" Always Be Careful is key.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Y-JTI3gzs

IMG_2937.JPG
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 11-22-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Member #:3
    This is Mickey Mouse,

Sid
    Attached Images Attached Images

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast