Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Hydroboost Mounting Plate (Hey CN!)

Registered Member

Member #:3477

Hydroboost Mounting Plate (Hey CN!)

CN;

I have been looking at your Hydroboost mounting plate on Ebay. Your listing says that its for a Bendix unit. Any easy way to tell? I have a 1995 era booster that probably came from a chevy van or truck. I would like to use that plus your mount. Astro van boosters are scarce around here. Every yard car has been picked of the boost- likely selling them for cores.

Will your bracket work? I have the Kent-moore J29192 to pull the 1 7/8th nut so I just need the plate.

Thanks!

Member #:115
    I believe all Hydroboost units are made by Bendix, and use basically the same casting. Look at the opening in my adapter and compare it to your HB unit. I'm 99% sure it will work. Contact me directly from my website and I'll give you a little better deal.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    I believe all Hydroboost units are made by Bendix, and use basically the same casting. Look at the opening in my adapter and compare it to your HB unit. I'm 99% sure it will work. Contact me directly from my website and I'll give you a little better deal.
    CN thanks.

I thought it was all the same as well. Theres just enough info on the web to create a bit of doubt. I think your plate is exactly what will fit. I sent you an email through your site.

I am scavenging parts for a redo of the PS and brakes. I am using the MCG zero offset caliper brackets with 69-72 Chevelle calipers and Trans am rotors, the 95 non-astrovan hydroboost, the CPP 500 box, and a shortened steering column using a junk column rebuilt with a new shaft and peripherals.

I am not doing high-buck stuff just competent hotrod work. Do you think anyone wants to see a build thread on this?

My idea was to try and balance a good set-up with a decent budget.

Scorp

Registered Member

Member #:571
    I've seen references to hydroboost also being manufactured by Bosch. I have no idea if or how you can tell the difference between a Bendix unit and a Bosch unit, or if it might matter.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    I've seen references to hydroboost also being manufactured by Bosch. I have no idea if or how you can tell the difference between a Bendix unit and a Bosch unit, or if it might matter.
    I think its the same. I got the plate from CN and it fits the shank. Havent pulled the nut yet; just ordered the Kent-Moore socket.

I think I am going to start a thread on adding the hydro-boost, converting to DBs and adding the CP box. I had to do a lot of research and it might be helpful to have it all in one place.

Member #:3217
    Scorp:

I think writing up all the details/pns/sources for what you found would be very helpful!~ photos too? There are many people trying to do the same thing you are... and many probably give up due to the lack of a single source to find the necessary information.

Member #:115
    Just for reference, I removed the original HB pedal pushrod and modified the stock tri5 pushrod to fit. Alternatively you could cut down the HB pushrod. You also have to make sure the pushrod between the HB and MC is the right length for the MC you're using.

08080004.JPG

08080002.JPG
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax