Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple questions

Registered Member

Member #:1631
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow210 View Post
    It's not going anywhere like that. So the question is, If I need to redo the whole thing, is it rack and pinion with an aftermarket column? Manual box and original column? Aftermarket column and power steering?
    And by the way Rick L, I took it apart, to see what was what. The bolt isn't bent, but the nut was finger tight!? Any thoughts, comments appreciated.
    Yellow210,

Congratulations on your new 55!

I upgraded to power steering (CPP500) and a new Ididit tilt column, and I haven't looked back. The Borgeson PS box is very popular also. Definitely one of the best mods I have made.

My greater concern is that your current steering 'solution' may be indicative of the craftmanship (or lack thereof) on the rest of the car. I would make it a priority to put it up on a lift (or at least jackstands) and do a visual inspection of all of the car's critical systems, especially the remainder of the steering system and the brakes.

Good luck!
    Cheers!

Ken in SSF
    56 One-Fifty Two-Door Sedan

Member #:4290
    Ok, thank you Rick L, I appreciate your input. I was inclined the same way.

Member #:4290
    kbuhagiar, Thank you. You are totally correct in assuming there might be other "engineering" issues. She is currently on 4 jacks, and not going anywhere, until I am satisfied.

Member #:3249
    I got my car as a roller, but it had a 605 box that was new. If it didn't, I would have put in a 500 box. I, too, have an Ididit column and love it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12