Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Howdy Folks!

Member #:4312

Howdy Folks!

I'm Mike; a long-time TriFive enthusiast. I live near Rochester, NY. My first classic was a '57 210 4-door sedan that I bought when I was in high school; it was a real beater!

Moved on from that and bought my current classic - it's a '57 Belair 2-door sedan. It was a retired modified-production drag car when I bought it. No engine or tranny, and the stock side-windows had all been replaced with tinted Plexiglas. I converted it back to street use, running a small block with a 3-speed manual transmission and 3.55 gears. Drove it for several years in the '80s and then parked it when kids started coming along. Got back into it in the mid '90s. Replaced a couple of degraded floor supports and replaced all body-mount bushings. stripped and repainted with a modern red acrylic enamel. Everything came to a screeching halt in '99 due to a divorce and having to raise my kids as a single parent. I recently retired and now have a lot more time to work on the '57. Upgrades planned are: front disc brakes, replace all bushings and soft parts in the front end, new ceramic-coated headers to replace the ancient Hedmans, and a complete overhaul of the interior.

Great to be a part of this forum; I look forward to getting to know everyone and their classics!
    Classic Chevys Forever!

Member #:1653
    Welcome aboard!
    Last edited by NickP; 01-30-2020 at 11:18 AM.