Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MIA RD

Member #:2941
    Nope. Lots of people notice. Each and every time the mutual combatants around here go at it. And that has a lot to do with why we do not have near as many members here as we would otherwise.

Who the hell wants to listen to all that senseless bickering? One guy seemingly cannot resist saying something disrespectful to another guy just to provoke him. Then the other guy seemingly feels compelled to respond just as disrespectfully rather than ignoring the first guy. Next time, its the other guy who initiates the bickering. And so it goes. Ad nauseum.

So Sid busts his buns creating and maintaining an excellent site here...... Where expats from CT and the other trifive site such as myself are welcome...... And a handful of guys who can't seem to keep from provoking one another into saying stupid things screw it all up.

That's my take on it anyway.

Happy Motoring,

Harry
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

Member #:530
    So Sid busts his buns creating and maintaining an excellent site here...... Where expats from CT and the other trifive site such as myself are welcome...... And a handful of guys who can't seem to keep from provoking one another into saying stupid things screw it all up.
    You nailed it with this comment Harry.

How many of you have ANY real money tied up in creating and maintaining this website forum? None. It's all SID. Imagine being the guy funding this forum, wondering why he's doing that when human nature is going to F_it up?

Let's get back to building our cars, being helpful with each other when we need help with build topics, and find the reason to praise our collective work and hobby.
    Or this site will go away when the sponsor (AKA the guy paying the bills) has enough...
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:2941
    That's a good idea, WagonCrazy! It is nice to be able to discuss current events from time to time though...... But we should be able to do so in a civil and respectful manner. I would hate for this to turn into an overmoderated and micromanaged Off Topic forum as have those on two automotive forums I left some while back.

That's just as bad as those websites that are not moderated at all and allow 'keyboard commandos' (punks) to run amok calling members names and saying things that if said face to face would result in a well deserved arse whooping for them. Why is one as bad as the other? Because the end result is the same...... Those who hold traditional American values are silenced. Which is the objective of both the overmoderated websites and those where moderators have abdicated their responsibilities altogether.

I remember some years back, an automotive website where so long as we followed the posting rules, treated one another with respect and had civil discourse we could (and did) have in depth discussions about current events including politics and religion. No topic was off limits. Was a member there for 8-1/2 years and enjoyed those discussions. Sadly, its no longer that way there now. Hasn't been since 2008. The Moderator drug up and the owner there stepped in and shut down all discussion of politics and religion simply because those whose viewpoints he personally agreed with could not prevail in an open discussion based upon facts, logic and reason, so increasingly felt a need to resort to name calling and attempting to shout down those holding opposing views. Anyway, he made it quite clear that those who were not staunch supporters of the presidential candidate he preferred were no longer welcome there. So after 8-1/2 years as a member there...... I left. And not long after, he silenced all who held differing values and opinions than his own...... By making a new rule disallowing mention of anything that could be (mis)construed as political or faith based.

And no...... I am not referring to the other trifive website. Open discussion of current events (with respect to anything that could be construed or misconstrued as 'political' or 'involving religion' in any way was already banned when I got there. I understood the rules and out of respect for the website owner, I kept my thoughts regarding them to myself and stayed within the posting rules. However, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. And during the process of that forum being sold and what followed, the Moderators went on a power trip and it got so bad that more often than not...... All I had to do was post a comment on a thread and the entire thread was either locked down or deleted. And I am referring to comments made wholly within the highly restrictive posting rules there. Took a look at what was going down with respect to selective enforcement of the posting rules there. Soon realized that threads locked down or deleted and comments edited had more to do with who made them and / or whether they were in support of traditional American values...... Than whether they were actually in compliance with the posting rules or not. Once I came to that realization...... I could see no reason to have the OP and other posters punished on my account. So I gave the Moderators there what they wanted and quietly left. And as they say...... 'Now you know the rest of the story'!

Best regards to all,

Harry
    Last edited by enigma57; 01-24-2020 at 05:00 AM.
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12