I have a 57 4 door that currently has a 283 sbc with 4bl carb and a muncie 4 speed. It was a frame off restoration from a few years ago. It has manual steering but power disc brakes. My girls and I drove it all last summer, and it was great with one exception. It was so hot in there on some of the warmer days, my poor girls got hot. so here is my plans and goals. I am absolutely going to continue reading the posts and information on here. I am not a know it all, so please give me any tips or advice if you see anything im doing wrong or could be done a better way. I have a ton of questions, but ill see if i can find answers searching here first. I wont even start the LS swap until i have all the parts in hand and research is done.

Step 1. Install a vintage air kit. ( on the current motor )
i have questions on how much work it will be to get this working on the LS6. will i need a new compressor ? lines ? etc

Step 2. Upgrade the fuel tank with an EFI ready with 255lph pump

Step 3. Setup an FItech fuel injection on the current motor.
This motor and FI setup will be used later in a rat rod project so i dont mind spending the money on what seems to be unnecessary.

step 4 upgrade to power steering. I was going to do rack and pinion, but after reading here, im getting the idea that a 605 may be a better option ? any suggestions here would help.. Also should I wait to do this with the LS swap ? or is it fairly easy to add it now on the current motor and not be too much of a pain to get setup on the LS6 ?

step 5 LS6 swap with T56.

the end result I want is my 57 with the LS6, PS, heat AC 6 speed manual.

Parts list will be updated as i gather information and part numbers.

1. LS6
2. T56
3. BBC bellhousing ?
4 hydraulic clutch setup
5 vintage air kit
6 clutch
7 oil pan
8 efi gas tank
9 FItech system
10 PS box
11 PS pump
to be continued........ls6b.jpg123.jpg