Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: CORONAVIRUS- interesting information

Registered Member

Member #:571
    The beat gets bigger here. Turns out that one guy that had taken hydroxychloroquine and died had also ingested aquarium cleaner. Duh. Two more died in Nigeria had massive overdoses. Duh. The news media's initial reports forgot to tell you that.

There was a bit on Fox News (Carlson Tucker) tonight about the above and also related CNN and Bloomberg false news/false conclusions.

Member #:2941
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Before anyone takes that stuff for Coronavirus, they should READ and beware of the dangers of it.. A couple have already died from taking that stuff as a medication for coronavirus... putting that out as a possible cure to coronavirus was one of Trump's more stupid ideas in a news conference. Even though Dr. Fauci immediately cautioned it's use, some people took it to heart! TRUMP should just NOT provide medical information!
    Bama, this is exactly why I urged you to get your information first hand and from reliable sources rather than from the lying anti-Trump media propagandists.

OK, here is what really happened......

The couple who took it upon themselves to drink fish tank cleaner did so because it had as a component part, a chemical that sounds similar to hydroxychloroquine. That mistake cost the husband his life and very nearly killed his wife as well. G-d only knows where they got such a hair-brained idea. Internet? E-mail chain letter?

Hydroxychloroquine is the anti-malarial drug that has proven to be effective against the Wuhan Corona virus. It requires a doctor's prescription.

Chloroquine phosphate is the chemical in the fish tank cleaner this couple drank. Not the same thing and it is deadly......

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...-tank-cleaner/

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...ce=parsely-api

Best regards,

Harry
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

Quote Originally Posted by enigma57 View Post
    Good news...... TEVA is donating 6 million doses of hydroxychloroquine......

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/te...-19-2020-03-20

HB
    Well, I see little has changed on the 'other site'. Given the gravity of the situation (the global pandemic)...... I posted this same short note last night as a way of adding something positive to the Coronavirus thread there.

Stopped by just now and found that my post was deleted whilst the gloom and doom 'we're all gonna die a horrible death and here are the gruesome details' post just before mine is still there.

Now I realize the Moderators there (one of them at least) have a hard on for me and this nonsense was why I left. But I thought a non-political post in full compliance with the posting rules and intended to give people hope would be OK. Guess I was wrong.

So just wanted to say 'Thanks!' to Sid for this site...... A place where we expats from the other site(s) may post and be treated as adults.

Thanks Sid,

Harry

Member #:3217
    Harry,

I understand that one can't believe very much read in the news these days (both sides exaggerate and 'slant' things their own way!~).

My view was obtained from Dr Fauci's own lips (The Nation's pre-eminent epidemiologist) who followed Trump to the podium immediately after Trump made his 'medical knowledge known', and cautioned people NOT to jump on that bandwagon, as there was NO medical proof that it worked against the corona virus and it could be very dangerous to people).. ie. FAUCI gave an informed knowledgable medical opinion, whereas our President stated a HOPE...

Member #:3477
    Dr. Fauci was supposed to be on the conference call I sat in on last friday. However he was called to the White House.

NIH and NIAID are clear; he is the man when it comes to infectious diseases. Right now the anti-viral Remdesivir is moving to clinical trials.

And Mateon is moving OT-101 to an IND with the FDA. an Investigational New Drug Application. A key feature is a virus binding inhibitor aspect of this drug.

Stay in, stay safe, be smartly hygenic, and I have a hunch we will be out and about in May. Though not out of the woods. This bug will cycle back, but we will be ready for the next round.

Scorp
    "Creator of Panic"
    Last edited by scorpion1110; 03-26-2020 at 08:36 AM. Reason: addl info
    Scorp

Rides:

1955 Chevy 2-door Wagon
    1967 MGB GT
    1970 Honda Trail 70
    1974 Yamaha 175 Enduro
    2004 Tacoma 4x4

I lost my best friend on 10/3/2018. Rest in Peace Dear Lucy. I miss you everyday.

Bama, hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malarial drug, has proven effective against the Wuhan Coronavirus. It has also been proven over a great many years to be safe for human use.

Hydroxychloroquine is currently under testing trials here specifically for use against this virus, same as new drugs currently under development and/or undergoing trials, as well. President Trump as I understand it, has authorized by executive order 'compassionate use' of hydroxychloroquine by doctors who wish to prescribe it for the Coronavirus in the interim as trials for it and for other drugs proceed.

There is no reason a doctor should not prescribe it during the time other drugs remain under development or are still being tested. This is important if we are to quickly address the problem and thereby keep it 'under the curve' (slow and limit new cases of Coronavirus to a level that our medical capabilities can keep pace with). You do the best you can with what you have. In the present emergency, you do not disregard an existing medication that has shown to be effective against the virus elsewhere and safe for human use simply because it has not undergone the long bureaucratic approval process Dr. Fauci is in charge of.

This is why in such emergencies affecting our nation, decisions such as whether or not to use hydroxychloroquine in the interim fall on the shoulders of the President and not to a bureaucratic functionary with a medical background. For such decisions, you need a leader.

I'll give you an example...... Don't know if you have a military background, but let's say you are a platoon leader. A platoon leader must make life and death decisions for the men under him as well as for anyone they may encounter when on patrol. To do so requires a great any things but leadership and judgement above all. Let's say he has a sharpshooter/sniper in his platoon who is one of the best there are. In specific situations where his skillset and expertise can best be utilized, the platoon leader will assign him a mission to complete. That mission will include parameters or boundaries to operate within. For the purposes of this analogy....... That man is Fauci. And the platoon leader is President Trump.

Now I have come to realize over time that Fauci has an ego. And the media have used Fauci's ego to get soundbites they can use to make it appear that Fauci is at odds with his boss (the President) and have attempted to use these as a wedge to divide the two as well as for their disinformation campaign. Fauci may fall for it. That is his nature. President Trump will not. That is his nature. And that is why Trump is President (leader of the free world) and Fauci is not, though he may be a highly skilled medical professional and administrator as his job requires.

Anyway...... I am not here to argue with anybody, yourself included. I will post information from time to time as it becomes available. I realize that you get your information from those in media who have a vested interest in presenting the President in the worst light possible and who have no problem taking his remarks out of context and twisting them to shape public opinion against him. And when that will not work for them...... Have no problem with simply making things up (lying to whomever of us will still believe what they say). I get that.

I only ask that you set aside your personal hatred for the man and base your opinions of what he does (or doesn't do) on fact. If you are looking for someone to blame, follow the money. Begin with those who funded the bio lab in Wuhan, China. The Americans involved in that venture might astound you. Blame the ChiComs for sitting on the problem for months when we could have helped them contain the virus inside their own borders and provide treatment for those affected. Blame the open border proponents in Europe for not limiting travel and taking action earlier. Not the man who is doing his best to get us all through this pandemic and back on track.

Hell, if you want to play the blame game...... Ask yourself who has the most to gain from exploiting this crisis and crashing the economy and the stock market by creating panic amongst the American people (or at least thinks they have). Then look around and see just who are attempting to do that....... And you will have your answer. Clue...... It ain't the President!

Best regards to all,

Harry

Member #:3217
    Harry,

I like you, and we usually agree on political issues, but I trust what Dr Fauci says re medical/treatments/epidemics much more than what our Prez says or that you post here.

Where are you getting your information? References? Qualifications?

Yes, it is being tested/investigated for use against this virus, but it has not done so as yet. What the Prez says about this virus or treatments doesn't mean 'jack shit', especially since the preeminent Doctor/expert standing right next to him contradicts Trumps' 'hopes'.. and that is all Trump can do before the experts tell him more.... is HOPE. I HOPE as well... and if I was dying from Pneumonia and no ventilator available, then sure.. Test it on me. But until I get in that situation... NO.

I DON'T need a political person, who perhaps cares more about the economy than whether a few people DIE, to tell me what to do. I make up my own mind after getting all the information I can. Personally, other than appoint a medical expert/group to LEAD this effort, our Prez should step back out of the way and STOP giving medical advice.

PS. I don't mind anyone giving their opinion (we've heard your everyday for the last 2 weeks re what the Prez says), BUT I DO mind when someone (yourself in this case) is TELLING ME where I'm getting my information... I've said this nicely before, but you have continued to repeat it, not just implying but outright stating that I'm getting my information from the liberal press. DO YOU READ ANYTHING I've posted here? Express YOUR opinions, and I'll express mine! Better yet, post your qualified references for your opinions, rather than attempting to coerce someone to agree with you and the President.

Gary
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 03-27-2020 at 06:17 AM.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Let's put the hydroxychloroquine in perspective.

It isn't going to stop the spread of the virus. If successful, it might help some survive, or lessen the load on the ICUs, or shorten the convalescent time.

No one has mentioned that the primary way of using it is combining it with antibiotics.

I have seen quite a few doctors on Fox News and other sources interviewed about its potential and the trials so far. They are not politicians. Besides, I don't have a problem with Trump mentioning it. There needs to be an occasional ray of hope in between all the doom and gloom. I also think that suggesting we could end some of the shutdowns and begin the end to all this is not inappropriate.

Bama, I'm not here to argue with you. If you are interested in how hydroxychloroquine saved this man's life, read this article and hear it from him in his own words......

Florida man with coronavirus says drug touted by Trump saved his life

New York Post
    By Tamar Lapin

March 22, 2020 | 11:47pm | Updated

A Florida man diagnosed with coronavirus claims he was saved from certain death by an anti-malaria drug touted as a possible treatment by President Trump.

Rio Giardinieri, 52, told Los Angeles’ Fox 11 that he struggled with horrendous back pain, headaches, cough and fatigue for five days after catching COVID-19, possibly at a conference in New York.

Doctors at the Memorial Regional Hospital in South Florida diagnosed him with the coronavirus and pneumonia and put him on oxygen in the ICU, he told the outlet.

After more than a week, doctors told him there was nothing more they could do and, on Friday evening, Giardinieri said goodbye to his wife and three children.

“I was at the point where I was barely able to speak and breathing was very challenging,” Giardinieri said. “I really thought my end was there.”

Then a friend sent him a recent article about hydroxychloroquine, a prescription drug that’s been used to treat malaria for decades and auto-immune diseases like lupus.

Overseas studies have found it to be promising as a treatment for COVID-19, though it hasn’t been approved by health officials.

Trump last week said he was instructing the FDA to fast-track testing of hydroxychloroquine and a related drug, chloroquine, as treatment for COVID-19.

Giardinieri said he contacted an infectious disease doctor about the drug.

“He gave me all the reasons why I would probably not want to try it because there are no trials, there’s no testing, it was not something that was approved,” said Giardinieri.

“And I said, ‘Look, I don’t know if I’m going to make it until the morning,’ because at that point I really thought I was coming to the end because I couldn’t breathe anymore,” Giardinieri continued.

“He agreed and authorized the use of it and 30 minutes later the nurse gave it to me.”

After about an hour after taking the pills, Giardinieri said, it felt like his heart was beating out of his chest and, about two hours later, he had another episode where he couldn’t breathe.

He says he was given Benadryl and some other drugs and that when he woke up around 4:45 a.m., it was “like nothing ever happened.”

He’s since had no fever or pain and can breathe again. Giardinieri said doctors believe the episodes he experienced were not a reaction to the medicine but his body fighting off the virus.

Giardinieri, the vice president of a company that manufactures cooking equipment for high-end restaurants in Los Angeles, said he had three doses of the medicine Saturday and is hoping to be discharged from the hospital in five days.

“To me, there was no doubt in mind that I wouldn’t make it until morning,” said Giardinieri. “So to me, the drug saved my life.”
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/22/florid...aved-his-life/

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/fischer/200324

Best regards to all,

Harry
    Last edited by enigma57; 03-27-2020 at 07:56 PM.

Member #:3477
    Harry, you are questioning Bama's sources and then are quoting Tamar Lapin of the New York Post?

Google New York Post and take a look at the headline "Headless body in topless bar".

Seriously?

Next we are going to have someone tell us what The Kardashian's are reporting on Covid-19.

I think theres a little Grey Goose left in the freeze.

Scorp
    Last edited by scorpion1110; 03-27-2020 at 07:35 PM. Reason: typo
    Scorp

Rides:

1955 Chevy 2-door Wagon
    1967 MGB GT
    1970 Honda Trail 70
    1974 Yamaha 175 Enduro
    2004 Tacoma 4x4

I lost my best friend on 10/3/2018. Rest in Peace Dear Lucy. I miss you everyday.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast