Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks

Thread: 57 Nomad- Power windows & vent windows

Member #:530

57 Nomad- Power windows & vent windows

Anyone have good success with a particular manufacturers kit? Seems there are a few out there. Electric Life, Nu-Relics, AutoCityGlass, etc. Some appear to be "universal", while others are a direct bolt on.

I'm interested in a kit that:
    -is more or less a direct bolt on.
    -eliminates the window crank handles completely (using electric switches only)
    -has both the window and vent (so I'm NOT interested in eliminating the vent wind wing)
    -has a strong track record for durability

Found this one sold by Auto City Glass $750 includes both the power window and power vent window kit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-1957-C...UAAOSwJAxeNDxW

Anyone else have good success with another kit? Anything in particular I should be avoiding?
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:1723
    Hi WagonCrazy,
    I have good results from the Specialty Power Windows made-for kit for my 57 2dr hardtop. I did both the front windows, and the rear quarters (I left vent windows as hand crank). The install was straightforward, and when I did have a question about an adaptation I was considering, technical phone support was very good. The hardware is quality, and I am very happy with how the windows work.
    For my install, I did end up using the window switches that masquerade as hand crank window handles (FWIW). There are pro's and con's to that decision.
    Regards, Doug

Member #:3477
    Quote Originally Posted by Belair-o View Post
    Hi WagonCrazy,
    I have good results from the Specialty Power Windows made-for kit for my 57 2dr hardtop. I did both the front windows, and the rear quarters (I left vent windows as hand crank). The install was straightforward, and when I did have a question about an adaptation I was considering, technical phone support was very good. The hardware is quality, and I am very happy with how the windows work.
    For my install, I did end up using the window switches that masquerade as hand crank window handles (FWIW). There are pro's and con's to that decision.
    Regards, Doug

Same here. I have specialty power windows in the wagon. Its a well made kit.

Scorp
    Scorp

Rides:

1955 Chevy 2-door Wagon
    1967 MGB GT
    1970 Honda Trail 70
    1974 Yamaha 175 Enduro
    2004 Tacoma 4x4

I lost my best friend on 10/3/2018. Rest in Peace Dear Lucy. I miss you everyday.