Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Seat Brackets

Member #:615

Seat Brackets

When I removed the brackets that hold down the front of the stock '56 front seat I didn't notice that they were different. Now when I decided to put the seat in, I'm not sure which one goes on which side. One has a tab on one side. I'm not sure if the tab goes forward or to the back. Can anyone help me?

seat bracket 1.jpg

seat bracket 2.jpg

Member #:3217
    Tabasco,

I've had a few of those brackets in my hand from several different cars, but I'm not recalling ever seeing a little 'tab' like is on one of yours. ??

Member #:516
    Tabasco,

I just went out and looked at my '55 and I have two like the bottom one.

Member #:615
    Thanks for the replies. The one with the tab also has the holes in a different place. Put it on one way and the seat won't go forward enough for the rear holes in the floor to line up. Put it on the other way and the seat doesn't go into the bracket very far. Maybe a previous owner replaced one with one from a different year car. I will dig around in my parts boxes and try to find one without a tab.

Registered Member

Member #:4419
    Tabasco, I have three seat brackets each with the tab which I have been told are for a '57. Have one bracket like the one with no tab and have been told it is a 55 & 56 bench seat bracket. Would you be interested in perhaps making a straight across trade? I have bead blasted all four brackets, primed and then painted each satin black. Let me know if interested in a straight trade, one of your tab brackets for my no tab bracket.