Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No keys for my 56

Member #:4411
    Now you have a nice sharp code cut key For your car. Now, for those who have mismatched sets, and want to get them back to a single key, if your door keys all match, then you can take your ignition lock to a locksmith, and using the four digit code on the door lock, he can key the ignition lock the same. So there it is, code cutting a trifive key.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #:3217
    Very nice Mike! Did my posting help any for posting your photos?? Or did you figure it out on your own?

I thought for sure you were going to offer your services for any of us wanting to get 'correct' keys for our rides!~ Do you have the correct original B10 blanks? If not, I know some folks to have pretty large stocks of them (or at least they did).. although Rodney Brockman was one of them and he passed away a few months ago, but I bet his wife knows where his key blanks are..

Your posting did help me. Turns out posting is similar to the stovebolt forum.

As for the key cutter, truth be told, I spent the best part of a year Researching the code cutting thing because those that had them kept the information pretty close to the vest. I was having trouble with my own keys, which were probably 20 generations from the key my dad gave me when I was 16.

I then started picking up the correct bits and pieces to get the cutter in good shape, then finally got a code book and taught myself how to do it. Starting to get harder to find a local guy that can do it so I wanted to make sure I could do it for myself.

I picked up a sun 404 distributor machine and rebuilt that machine for the same reason, so I could rebuild my distributors as all the older guys who did them are retiring. So I have this stuff Really for my own use. That being said, I have cut keys for a couple of guys on the other site who were having problems finding someone local. Life is short, I like this hobby, and truth be told, I really enjoy the people I have met on line (Mostly anyhow, lol), and Especially at the nationals, so I do my best to help when I can. Otherwise, it’s just a discouragement to others To stay in the hobby and why do that. So if someone is really in a bind, I can assist.
    Last edited by Dragsix; 07-04-2020 at 06:34 PM.

As to your inquiry re key blanks, I only have about 20 blanks in my own stash so I may very well be interested in obtaining some key blanks but only if you know Mrs. Brockman well enough to ask. I am not looking to make any business out of this, I just like to lend a hand when I can.

Member #:4426
    Curtis Key cutters have shown up on eBay along with blanks, books, dealership key rings (jigglers) with scores of keys.

Funny story: I was sitting in a chair next to my '56 DelRay at Pleasanton Goodguys Show. I heard a guy showing his trifive nearby cussing. Asked, What's Up? He said, he locked the keys in his car. Hmmm. Let me see if my key will work. Sure enough, unlocked his door. Told him original keys are so worn from use they will sometimes unlock other cars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12