Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1957 belair wagon headlinner colors.

Member #:3217
    On a turquoise/ivory '57 Nomad, the dash/steering wheel/garnish mldgs are turquoise. The door panels and seat covers are turquoise vinyl and black cloud cloth...

If you have photographs of the car before, during, or after restoration, we all love to see them. If you want to send the photographs to my email address, I will post them for you. OR I can give you instructions on how to post them from a website, OR from your computer...

I found the Hemmings article from 2008 on your friend's '58 Impala HT, but that was the only car-related reference I could find, and only 3 photos in it..
    https://www.hemmings.com/stories/art...evrolet-impala

PS. Nomads are a little different, and more complicated, than almost any other car from it's time (due to it's uniqueness I suppose)...

Good luck on the restoration.

Gary

Registered Member

Member #:3799

"Back from the Dead"

Bama, if you go to Hemming's Classic car magazine, April 2008 page 64 it has the article of my Friend Bob Sekelsky's 1958 Chevrolet Impala , titled Back from the Dead. Hemming's Classic Car Magazine, March ,2008 has the finished product on the Cover, and more of the story on page 22. I would love to send pictures to the Tri- Five on this 1957 Nomad, project that he is in the middle of re-storing now . We have before pictures , all stages. If you could direct me how to post them I would be very grateful ! Dom

Registered Member

Gary, if you go on e-bay motors right now their is a 1957 Chevrolet two door hardtop that Smokie Mountain trader's are selling . It is Colonial Cream, and has a great picture showing the interior from the open driver's side door. Look at the Black Dash, and Window Garnish Molding's, the Silver Steering Wheel and Steering Column , and Silver Gauges . Anytime that I have seen a 1957 Chevrolet Belair in Colonial Cream, and I have seen a lot in the last three years of looking, they are done this way. If they painted all of this in the Colonial Cream color it would not look as good in my opinion. God willing I am going to do this 1957 Tropical Turquoise Nomad the same way ,Black Dash, and Black Window Garnish Moldings 's, Silver steering Wheel, and Column, and Gauges. Also Black Carpet, and black Lino on the cargo area. The correct way looking out over your Turquoise Hood , would be a bit too much Turquoise for me. Add a Hoola dancer in a turquoise dress to the black dash and done.

I don't particularly like 'black interior cars', while some people ONLY like black interior cars!

Some colors of paint had two 'std' interiors that could be ordered. In the case of colonial cream, there was a choice of the yellow or the black interior. I strongly prefer the yellow interior in those cases, especially for a Nomad!

It seems you are describing a 'mix' of two interiors and I don't think? it's was an option (but I can't prove that). I don't think I've seen an original turquoise car with the black dash/wheel (ie. with a black/silver interior). Was it an available option? I D K...?

Note: Most auto manufacturers (these days) will build a car anyway a 'sold car' owner desires it, even with NON-recommended color choices when it's a special car order (ie. a pre-sold order).

How to add images from your computer to your post...

Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post

We have before pictures , all stages. If you could direct me how to post them I would be very grateful ! Dom
    OK, try this:

1. Open your post, and select 'GO TO ADVANCED' and it will give you more options in the selections above.
    2. In those selections you will see what appears to be a 'paperclip' (for Attachments'). Select that by clicking on the icon.
    3. That will bring up a 'Manage Attachments' popup menu, With a couple of sections: File Upload Manager which allows you to select from previously 'uploaded' files, with an option to * + ADD FILES*.
    4. Select '+ Files' and then 'Choose File', which will open up a window into your computer's File Manager - which allows you to browse within your computer to find the appropriate file you want to 'upload'.
    5. Select the file from your computer which you want to 'upload' and the 'Choose File' popup will now show the file name you've selected. From that popup you can select a (+) to add a file to your list, or if that's the only file you want to include in your post, you can select 'Upload'.
    6. Choose the (+) and you will be given another 'Choose File' option allowing you to choose another file from your computer. Continue that to get all the files you want to include in your post, and then ..

7. Choose 'Upload' which will add the files to your post.

8. When you have added all the files you want to attach, select the 'Done' button at the bottom of the 'Manage Attachments' Popup.

You won't SEE the images in your post until you complete your posting. Try it... you can always edit if you messup the first time...

Registered Member

Bama, thank you for all the info to load up some pictures. I am going to get help, and do this. The Nomad's interior that I am leaning towards is: "The Turquoise Interior, as factory" , Turquoise seats , door panels, headliner etc.. etc... With the exception of the dash, and window garnish molding's, Carpet, in Black. Steering wheel, and column , and gauges silver. Just like the Colonial Cream Car. The designer's must have felt with the light yellow car, that this would look better, or they would have followed the rest of the Belair's they built. I personal think that they should have offered this with the Turquoise Car's too. I know it's not stock, but at this stage in life, I'm ok with that.
    Last edited by nomad; 06-01-2020 at 04:20 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12