I like the look of the site.

A couple of pics to get started.

Thanks,
    Jim

2apng.jpg

2bpng.jpg

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    hi Jim and welcome. good to have you here. looks like it will be a cool ride when your done.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Registered Member

Member #:3360
    Welcome Jim

Member #:3217
    Jim, Welcome to TriFiveChevys.. from another Alabama member (Huntsville area here)!~ Where in Bama are you from? and tell us about yourself and your car.. it looks a beauty in your photos so far..

Member #:4375
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Jim, Welcome to TriFiveChevys.. from another Alabama member (Huntsville area here)!~ Where in Bama are you from? and tell us about yourself and your car.. it looks a beauty in your photos so far..
    I live in Montgomery. Originally from south Alabama. Grew up in a small town that had lots of Mustang Boss 302's and Mach 1's. I was the oddball with a Camaro

I ended up later in life getting into Mustangs. Not far from where I own land (in south Alabama), we have a large supplier of used Mustang parts in the middle of nowhere. He sells all over the county. Anyway parts were easy and available. (I had 5 Mustangs with the model years ranging from 66 to 73. My Mistress was a modified 69 fastback Mach1 clone with a hot 351 Cleveland. I don't know how fast it was... because the speed odometer only registered 120 ).

Due to family sickness and such, I ended up selling everything and getting out of the Mustang hobby and sizing down. I told my wife I was going to get one last special classic car when we got through the family situation. So when I sized down, I made sure I purchased a town house with a 2 car garage and large parking pad (which I have since partially covered).

Originally was going to buy a completed car and just drive, but a combination of; figuring out what I did not want, then not finding what I wanted, then the pandemic, and then meeting a father and son build team helped change my thought process.

I kept thinking about my father's 57. I always wanted a Tri-Five, but never thought it was something I would own. The pandemic reminded me how short life is and I decided to pull the trigger.

Anyways, I narrowed down my choice to a 2-door 55 post car. I defined my goals and met with the above father son team. The father was in the process of building his personal 55 Chevy, so, we compared notes and found we basically had the same vision, with the exception of him being a 55 hardtop guy. I looked over the work he had done so far on his car and liked it. We worked out a contract.

It will be a restomod. The basics being; 1955 Bel Air 2-door post. Modified Camaro front buckets with a console. 2" drop all around. Power steering. L83 engine with 6L80E transmission. Beefed-up frame. Rear drop springs tucked into the frame. Their special mod for the front suspension. (I don't know what that entails exactly at this point.) Power 4 wheel disc brakes. Vintage air. Ranger wipers. New smoked glass. Some other stuff but that is the basics. They have the freedom to do mods we didn't discuss as long as the vision stays the same.

Since I am not hands on car building, I don't know if I can contribute much to this site besides soak up the knowledge and fun you guys provide. However, if I learn anything that is helpful, I will be glad to share it.

Thanks and glad to be here!

Jim

Bama,

I made a detailed post moments ago. I got a message that it will have to be reviewed by the moderator. My original post to this site a week or so ago said the same thing and it never appeared. So, I have no idea if my detailed post today will show up. I assume it is in an inbox somewhere.

Member #:530
    Welcome 55Jim.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:1653
    Welcome

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by 55Jim View Post
    Bama,

I made a detailed post moments ago. I got a message that it will have to be reviewed by the moderator. My original post to this site a week or so ago said the same thing and it never appeared. So, I have no idea if my detailed post today will show up. I assume it is in an inbox somewhere.
    Jim,.. ?? are you sure you made that post in this site? I've never seen such a message and don't think there are moderators here.. Maybe Sid will see and respond to your posting here...

Jim,.. ?? are you sure you made that post in this site? I've never seen such a message and don't think there are moderators here.. Maybe Sid will see and respond to your posting here...
    It was on this site. This is the 2nd time I have seen it. The first time I posted a week before I re-posted the message you commented on. It was a strange message. It basically said my post would have to be reviewed before posted. I wish I would have saved a copy of my post before I posted it, so, I could copy and paste. I will just post a shorten version of it. I can't remember half of what I typed.

Anyways No problem.

Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast