Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi!

Member #:4375
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Jim, Welcome to TriFiveChevys.. from another Alabama member (Huntsville area here)!~ Where in Bama are you from? and tell us about yourself and your car.. it looks a beauty in your photos so far..
    Montgomery area... now called the River Region.

Used to collect Mustangs but had to take care of some family members and sold everything and sized down.

Always interested in Tri-Fives, just never thought I would own one.... but somewhere down the line I came to the conclusion life was to short and decided to scratch that itch.

Not interested in working on them anymore at this time, so, decided to buy one ready to go.

The corona virus slowed down my plans for a while but ended up meeting a father son build team. The father was building his personal 55 and I liked what I saw and decided to let them build me a 55 Bel Air 2-door post.

The basics are: L83 engine and a 6L80E transmission with cruise control. 2 inch drop all the way around. Beefed up original suspension with rear drop leaf springs tucked into the frame. 'Their' special mod to the front suspension (not sure what all that entails). Power 4-wheel disc brakes. Power steering. Bucket seats with console. 18" wheels. Vintage Air.

Thanks Bama, I think it looks nice too. Still a ways to go yet.

Not sure what I can contribute to the site since I am not working on them anymore, but I will help where I can.

Jim

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Jim

Martin and I with my 73 Mach1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 55Jim View Post
    ......."Used to collect Mustangs but had to take care of some family members and sold everything and sized down"......

Jim
    My son and I when he was 14.

1973 Mach 1 Q code 351 Cleveland.

All Original with a re-spray.

Time moves fast gentlemen. We better enjoy it and the ones we love.

I find myself thinking of the past more and more now a days.

Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12