Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks

Thread: COVID-19 Obituaries... :(

Member #:3217

COVID-19 Obituaries... :(

I got some very bad news this morning. A good friend and fellow TriFive lover who was a member of our local CCCI chapter (Heart of Dixie Classic Chevy Club) passed away Saturday from the Virus. He only had symptoms for a week, but apparently didn't go to the hospital. He was confirmed POSITIVE the day after he died! This shows how FAST the virus can act; Larry was a tough guy and apparently believed he could overcome it at home. He was the same age as I, having just turned 72 a few days prior. He was a decorated Vietnam veteran and a retired decorated police officer. It's a sad day here for his family, and I and his other friends.

PLEASE STAY SAFE; BE AWARE... wear masks if you MUST go out, Wash hands often. STAY home if you can. You're probably aware that the STEEP CURVE is just now beginning in most places with cases accelerating with the relaxed rules!

https://obits.al.com/obituaries/hunt...ntsville_obits

Member #:3
    Gary , That's really sad News
    Goes to show you one never knows when your Day will come .

May he RIP

Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2019 Ford Suoer Duty F350
    2018 Ford Explorer
    1955 Chevy Nomad

Member #:33
    sorry about your friend, prayers sent.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:4399
    Very sad to hear the passing of your friend. Sounds like a good guy. Person we could use more of! Prayers and condolences sent too.

Member #:2941
    Gary, please accept our family's most heartfelt condolences on your friend's passing and please pass them along to his family.

Wife's 93 year old Mom lives in an assisted living center. Owner lives onsite and has been on top of things since this Wuhan coronavirus started here. So far, so good. There have been folks die from it a nursing home a short distance away, though. They did not voluntarily lock things down and begin testing employees early on there as did he.

Wife's Mom began having breathing difficulties day before yesterday and we had her transferred to hospital. She has asthma and the Saharan dust may be part of the problem. They have her on oxygen and a bi-pap machine. Was in the ER for a day and a half and was just admitted to a room that became available today. As far as we are aware, she does not have the virus. Would appreciate any prayers for her anyone might feel moved to offer. She's a real joy in everyone's lives who meets her.

G-d bless,

Harry and Family
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

Staff Sergeant Roy Benavidez......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3nncd4sxaM&t=466s

Member #:3217
    Thanks you all for your condolences for my friend, Larry Gillespie, who passed away last Saturday from COVID-19 after only having symptoms for less than a week! He was a classic chevy enthusiast, but none of you knew him since he was not a member/participant in the forums.

My Purpose in reporting his passing here was to give further ALERT TO YOU ALL ... to be particularly vigilant regarding the corona virus. We were all concerned a few months ago when the first sickness began, but most all of us were careful for a few months, THEN our government told us we could 'go back to work' and continue living (being careful). Unfortunately many young people began behaving as if they could not get sick... and now we are HERE, with the exponentially rising numbers of people getting sick, and many many dying from it, including young people.. even babies! Around half of all the newly diagnosed are below 40 yrs of age, but it still affects older people more severely.

Please be careful, Stay Home unless you have to go somewhere, and choose your times to go out wisely to minimize contact with people. Maintain your distance from others. Wear your masks. STAY SAFE! It's very dangerous out there, more so now than any other time during this pandemic!

Harry: We will pray for your mother in law to get over her illness quickly, and with God's help it will happen!

Member #:4375
    I am sorry Gary.

Member #:2941
    Thanks, Gary! Much appreciated.

G-d bless,

Harry
    'G-d Bless The U.S.A.'...... Lee Greenwood......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_5aoptI5j0

Staff Sergeant Roy Benavidez......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3nncd4sxaM&t=466s