Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragsix 57 bel air sedan 6 cylinder

Member #:4411
    Hey, you asked for it it so I aim to please, lol.

Member #:3217
    Mike: It takes skill and courage to be *different*...

Na. Truth be told, I do what I want to the extent I am capable. I never worry about what anyone else thinks about my car, and I always appreciate what others are doing with their cars. And I try to encourage anyone who wants to enter the hobby to do so. Too much emphasis these days on absolute perfection. I like going to the nationals for just that reason, all types of builds are in attendance and no one is judging anyone, or they should not be. There are a couple of awards for a couple of cars but most are attending to be among the breathern with whatever version of a trifive they have. My kind of show. I think the people who most enjoy this hobby are those who are in it for the fun. Nothing wrong with the show car enthusiasts, I totally appreciate the unbelievable quality of those builds and the financial commitment you make with those kinds of cars. But for me, I like to tinker and play. Life is short you know what I mean!

So here I am, happy to assist anyone with whatever I can assist them with.
    Last edited by Dragsix; 07-13-2020 at 10:40 AM.

Registered Member

Member #:4438
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    You are a little yougger than me but I am sorry 4drs are for parts and not safe for familys.

i have a 57 210 4 door my kids grew up in this car no way id take a two door over it

Family four door and markm, I think you may be positing in the wrong thread, no?

Member #:3217
    Mike, you're in the 99% of us who just enjoy the cars (working on and driving them) and the people (helping them, BS'ing and talking to them)... ... and now you're bringing up your son to be among us... Congrats!

Not many can afford the $$$ for the all out, no expenses spared, show cars...
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 07-13-2020 at 05:23 AM.

Registered Member

Member #:4406
    I am at a loss to understand why you think a 4 dr is "unsafe"? From a structural standpoint, the center pillar and doors would make the roof stronger in a rollover situation, much more so than a hardtop or convertible for sure. Just like color choices, 2 door or 4 door is an individual choice, and in my opinion should not be subject to criticism. A 4 door is certainly more practical for ease of entry/exit, especially for a family situation.

Member #:1723
    I really enjoyed reading your story, and appreciate your independence in not following the herd.
    Thanks! Doug

Member #:530
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    You are a little yougger than me but I am sorry 4drs are for parts and not safe for familys.
    That comment was totally uncalled for Mark.
    I'm calling you out here. If you don't have something valid to say keep your fingers on some other keyboard.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

I don't exactly know what he is talking about truth be told. My car is a 2 door sedan so all the talk about a 4 door? Best I can figure is he is responding to the wrong thread.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast