Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dragsix 57 bel air sedan 6 cylinder

Member #:3217
    A couple of you got confused about what Dragsix' thread is/was about. HE owns a '57 TWO DOOR sedan with a six-banger. THIS thread is his PROJECT THREAD, so comments on other subjects are not appropriate (nor welcome)..

Mike: Thanks for posting the updates... I think your car (and your straight 6 approach) are FAB...

Member #:4399
    ... besides, who would I be to judge, his car runs...

Member #:4399
    Mine, not so much. I do respect that you are keeping it real Mike. Doing what you believe is for you and yours is awesome. Too many trend followers in the world. And thank you for sharing.

Banned

Member #:2941
    Your '57 is a beautiful work of love, Dragsix. The sort of family project that brings everyone together. I especially like the inline 6. Very well done. Has character. Nothing cookie cutter about it.

Best regards,

Harry

Member #:4411
    Hi Harry! Hey, the gang is all here, lol.

Nice of you to say so.

Bamanomad asked me to post and so since I am here, I will do my best to be active. It has been a really great opportunity. The funny part, my son really enjoyed the nationals. Then one of my oldest friends, my long time car collaborator (from age 15-16) was so torqued up that I got back on a drag strip before he did (we both gave all of it up to raise the kids and pay the bills) that he decided to resurrect his old 57 four door sedan for the 2017 nationals which would be his first.

Problem was it was nothing but a shell and we just would not have time to put it back into working order. So what does he do, he buys a running station wagon, not great but not bad either, we fix the wiring, brakes, suspension, exhaust, rear end, install a good motor and four speed and he and his daughter come with us the the 2017 nationals. His daughter told me she had heard all about his car exploits growing up but had never seen her father like this (he was making passes during the fun runs at the nationals and doing it round robin). He had a ball and truth be told, it was a lot of fun watching him have so much fun.

Later in the day, he and my son were sitting having a serious conversation. I had no clue what they were talking about until my friend told me that it was a done deal. When I asked what was done? He replied that he had just sold his 57 sedan (which was his very first car when he bought it in 78) to my son. This is a car that I worked on as a teenager. So now my friend, my son, and I are rebuilding the 4 door sedan and boy does it need a lot of work, lol. Low dollar build, all backyard hacker craft, so we have been scrounging every used part my friend and I have in our garages, anything useful, any way to keep the expenses low and get the car in safe running condition, and a lot of friends and acquaintances have been giving him some of their leftover parts and pieces to keep him moving forward. Its been pretty fun. I will try to post some phots so you can see what he is messing with.

The post script to the story is that his daughter had so much fun, that he ended up getting another wagon and she drives one and he drives the other. Truth be told, this is how younger folks get interested, so now my friend and I have our children doing the trifive thing, lol.
    Last edited by Dragsix; 07-16-2020 at 07:18 AM.

Member #:530
    so now my friend and I have our children doing the trifive thing, lol.
    I dig this. Pass it on! Right on brutha.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Registered Member

Member #:4450
    Nice looking ride

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123