Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Interior Trim Replacement

Member #:4399

Interior Trim Replacement

With all that has happened to my families '57 last many years, find myself needing to replace all the interior trim. Looking for Driver+ quality. Would like OEM where at all possible. It is a Two Door Hardtop. Been scouting EBay and the like. not much success. Two question comes to mind: is there a reputable source(s) that might be recommended and is there a thought on what to expect price wise? Many thanks.

Member #:3217
    Slim: When you say 'trim', are you referring to metal parts, like garnish mouldings, etc? or soft parts... seat upholstery, door panels, headliner, etc?

Hi Bama, sorry for the confusion. Missing all garnish moldings that is expected to go around all the windows. Need to replace the upholstery someday too. But that is another story.

Member #:3217
    Slim: Those are all painted metal parts, so non-rusty, undamaged parts are what you want.. but you'd need to clean, sand, prep and paint them to match your car. I'd suggest calling any of the big classic parts vendors, preferably ones in your area.. bound to be many in southern Calif. There's also Pete Sawatsky in Oklahoma, and John Chambers in Arizona... I'd bet you can find all of the parts you need from one source.. you should make a list of all the parts you need before you begin calling... gives you a place to begin the conversations.. Good luck.

Registered Member

Member #:2643
    You can find used garnish mouldings for sale on ebay.
    Dave, from the old neighborhood in Jersey!

Thank you everyone for the responses. Much appreciated.

For the really dumb question, was under the impression that all the interior metal garnish moldings by car model type were interchangeable by year. IE for the Two Door HT I could possible use 55 thru 57, But I cannot use Two Sedan units regardless year. Or is it both year and model specific? Appreciate the guidance.

Banned

Member #:2941
    That is true of the side garnish mouldings and any rear window trim, but for a '57, the lower interiour mouldings that fit between windshield and dash might be specific to '57 year only, as the cowl and windshield shape at the bottom are a little different from '55 and '56 unless I am mistaken.

Also keep in mind (alternative parts source) that same garnish moulding parts (and glass) on same year Pontiac hard top models will fit your Chevy. Sometimes these are available but are overlooked by Chevy owners.

Good luck,

Harry

Good Evening Harry. Please forgive my delayed response. Thank you very much for the information. This will help me broaden my search a little. Now to resume the hunt...

Registered Member

Member #:4450
    You can use searchtempest.com which allows you to search craigs list nationwide.