Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: 57 210. W/150 trim. Currently at China Lake NAWS.

Registered Member

Member #:4450

57 210. W/150 trim. Currently at China Lake NAWS.

I bought this nice 57 Chevy to replace a 56 belair i sold many many years ago. Has 1979 no corvette L82 350 with aluminum heads, nice cam rumble, edlebrock intake, new edlebrock card, chrome Alt, Muncie 4 speed, ford 9 inch rear, power disc brakes, nice black interior. I put all new wiring front to rear, has petronix ignition, solid floor, calif car. New aluminum rad w/ 3500cfm elec fan. Fun driver.

I am looking for a 56 2 door post or hardtop. Driver, i will sell the 57 when i find one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #:3217
    Welcome to Trifive Chevys, Kurt... we're proud to have you here and look forward to hearing more about you and your '57! That's a very nice looking '57 2 dr.. You certainly shouldn't have any trouble selling it if/when you find the '56 you're wanting...

I used to do quite a bit of work with the China Lake folks (back in the mid-late 70's when I worked in Army Missile R&D). Are you there permanently or on temporary assignment? How do you like it?
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 07-19-2020 at 08:27 PM.

Member #:530
    Welcome 57kurt. You're just north of me (Santa Clarita area). I camp all over around the Ridgecrest area, and ride a dual sport bike all thru the deserts. Little bit hot right now for that though.
    Nice 57 you got there. Does it have AC? I would bet you'd need it to enjoy driving it much during the summer months.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:4399
    Welcome Kurt. Very nice, clean set of wheels. Best of luck with your search.

Registered Member

I am a federal gov civilian employee. This is my second round here at china lake, after 2 rounds working in the Pentagon for HQDA. I grew up in LA down by the Rose Bowl. As for liking China Lake, it's a love/hate relationship as it is with DC. Job here is ok, weather is what we who grew up in the LA area know hot and dry. As for location there is nothing here and it is 100 miles to get anywhere. As for DC love the jobs i had there but hated the weather, either hot and humid, rainy, or ice cold wet snowy.

no AC in the car yet, i have pulled all the wiper item for a rain gear install, then the AC install on list.

Even though i am a die hard 56 guy the 57 has started to grow on me.
    Last edited by 57kurt; 07-20-2020 at 03:00 AM.

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33

hi Kurt and welcome. good to have you here. cool 57.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Registered Member

Carls 56. Thank you for your service. I am a cold war vet. 2nd Armor Division.