Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: NON-POWER BRAKES

Banned

Member #:2941
    They were more rare than the bucket seat models with console mounted shift lever, Mark. Maybe we should have kept our old 6-bamger 'stripper' Camaros as an investment?

FWIW...... I like the '67 Camaros best. They had vent windows and the side windows had more support than the '68 and '69 models. Also lacked the hokey side marker lights that first came out in '68.

Happy Motoring,

Harry

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Stop dreaming, the relative worth of a stripped down 6 cylinder Camaro isn't changing. And the vent window deal goes both ways.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Me too Harry, my first 67 was a little different than yours bucket seats with 250 with a Saginaw on the tree. Rick I always felt like 68 and 69 Camaros were parts cars for to keep 67s going, 69/68 have ugly grilles and side lights and no vent windows and 69 look like fat pigs with wimpy rear wheel openings.

Banned

Member #:2775
    I was hoping for an interesting thread about non-power brakes. Oh well.

Banned

Well, we do digress here from time to time, Rescue Dog! But 3 pages out of 5 on topic ain't bad, all things considered.

Happy Motoring,

Harry

Banned

Mark, my eldest son had a '68-1/2 Firebird when he was just out of high school. At least that's what we called it after we figured out that it was a '68 Firebird from front bumper to firewall to top of A-pillar and had '68 doors...... But everything to the rear of that was a '69.

Thought it looked 'different', but couldn't quite figure out why. Then after it was tee-boned by an illegal alien..... We pulled the parts off that were still good...... And I realized that at some point, the '68 Firebird must have been rearended and someone had brazed the rear body shell of a '69 Firebird to the '68 from top of A-pillar and rear of front door opening...... Back.

They did a pretty good job of it. You'd never have known it had been wrecked before had you not seen the seams under the carpet where it had been brazed together with yellow brass rod. And as bad as it was hit when my son was driving...... The brazed seams held up just fine.

Best regards,

Harry

Registered Member

Back on topic that 67 Camaro with manual drum bralkes did not stop for shit, at least a Fire chicken with manual brakes got fined drums. Harry , your story reminds me of the Cambird. A buddy in high school wrecked his 67 green Firebird and put a 67 Camaro front clip on it. All the lines matched but it was ugly.

Banned

Mark, you got me to thinking. I believe many of us have either wanted a particular car or truck that has eluded us...... Or have considered the possibility of building our own one off 'phantom'...... A car or truck the factory never built but we would love to have one if they had.

Is there a particular car or truck that you would love to own but has eluded you so far? Or that was never made...... But you might seriously consider building for yourself? I do. Just wondering if you or anyone here does, as well.

Happy Motoring,

Harry

Member #:3217

Registered Member

Bama that is kinda cool, as far as projects I will never get to a 55/56 1/2 ton PU and a 58 Impala top the list.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast