Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: where to buy glass kit for 1957 sedan?

Registered Member

Member #:4460

where to buy glass kit for 1957 sedan?

Hi! Where to buy glass kit? Im gonna put all new glass because my i have no side windows etc at all

Member #:3217
    The side glasses for your sedan are all laminated 'flat' glass, so you do have the option to have them cut at a local shop. If you have a decent local glass shop, you might check with them and see if they do and what the costs would be? You can compare that cost to the cost of ordering the complete glass from a company such as Auto City classics (they ship the glass to you and have a good warranty against breakage unless you wait TOO LONG to report it)..

Among your decisions will be CLEAR or TINTED, and if you choose tinted (which most people do), then do you choose the original GREEN (E-Z-Eye) tint or the GRAY. Beware of your local laws and enforcement policies against tints being too dark before you decide on the degree of tint.

Replacing all the glass is an advantage since you have complete freedom in your choices above without being impacted by having to 'match' the glass that is left in it.

Note: If you go to AutoCity, check if they plan to come to a car show near you (IF we ever have car shows again), as they will deliver to you at the show w/o shipping charges.
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 08-05-2020 at 04:56 AM.

Registered Member

Member #:4460
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    The side glasses for your sedan are all laminated 'flat' glass, so you do have the option to have them cut at a local shop. If you have a decent local glass shop, you might check with them and see if they do and what the costs would be? You can compare that cost to the cost of ordering the complete glass from a company such as Auto City classics (they ship the glass to you and have a good warranty against breakage unless you wait TOO LONG to report it)..

Among your decisions will be CLEAR or TINTED, and if you choose tinted (which most people do), then do you choose the original GREEN (E-Z-Eye) tint or the GRAY. Beware of your local laws and enforcement policies against tints being too dark before you decide on the degree of tint.

Replacing all the glass is an advantage since you have complete freedom in your choices above without being impacted by having to 'match' the glass that is left in it.

Note: If you go to AutoCity, check if they plan to come to a car show near you (IF we ever have car shows again), as they will deliver to you at the show w/o shipping charges.
    Thanks for the info! I contacted danchuk for whole glass kit and waiting on their reply for the matter

Member #:615
    I checked a local glass shop for the six pieces of flat glass for my wife's car. The price was higher than purchasing it from Auto City Classics so I ordered from Auto city.

That is the second set I have bought from Auto City. I have been very happy with them and will use them if I ever do another car.

Member #:4078
    Auto city glass I bought the whole kit from them for my 56 and was very happy with their glass.
    Retired USAF

Member #:530
    Another satisfied Auto City Classic customer here. 10 pc gray set for my nomad recently. Lowest overall cost and good customer service. autocityclassic.com (763) 444-5880
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    have only heard good things about auto city classic.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.