Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electrical Power Question: Battery Terminal type...???

Member #:3217
    BelAirO.. How long have you been running with the XS Power battery? Have you had any issues keeping it charged? or any 'overcharging issues'??

PS. I'm also curious about that very nice looking battery terminal that's shown in your photo (it's shown removed and over to the side in your photo)... Can you provide a reference as to where to purchase such a terminal??
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 08-13-2020 at 06:38 AM.

Member #:2442
    I looked last night. The battery I had in my 55 is a group 34/78DT. I would assume the DT is for dual terminal. It is a Ray O Vac brand and I did get it from Batteries Plus. Always had plenty of power and it was still working fine. The only reason I replaced it is because I wanted a AGM style battery with it mounted in the trunk.
    Brian

Member #:3217
    Brian: Was the RayOVac a std lead acid type battery?? or ?

Member #:2442
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Brian: Was the RayOVac a std lead acid type battery?? or ?
    Yes, just a standard lead acid battery.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I have been having good luck with FVP from Factory Motors Parts. I get them form the only Ma @ Pa owned auto Parts left in town.

Member #:1723
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    BelAirO.. How long have you been running with the XS Power battery? Have you had any issues keeping it charged? or any 'overcharging issues'??

PS. I'm also curious about that very nice looking battery terminal that's shown in your photo (it's shown removed and over to the side in your photo)... Can you provide a reference as to where to purchase such a terminal??
    Hi Bama,
    Using the battery since early 2018. I bought one off of Amazon, found I had messed up ordering so that the positive terminal was on the wrong end of the battery to match the cable lengths I had already built, so asked to return the battery. They sent a battery that matched the configuration I needed, and told me to just keep the first battery. I gave the first battery to my son-in-law, who put it in his old Accord - it has been running great ever since, with zero maintenance. Hotrog on the other site got me started on the battery with his strong recommendation.
    I hardly run my car, so use my CTEK charger once a month, no issues with keeping charged, or overcharging (do need to use the right type of charger for this type of battery).

The terminals are NVX XBTU that I found on eBay. They were/are pricey, but fit my needs (I looked, and they are still available on eBay, just search for NVX XBTU; only one seller, from a car sound equipment shop). BTW, I find as I get towards the end of my build, that I am willing to pay more than earlier in the process. Guess it is the 'just get it done' mindset taking hold.
    Regards, Doug

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12