Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Must love Chevys

Registered Member

Member #:4445

Must love Chevys

HI . I am 68 and have done body and paint since 1974 ,give or take . When I was about 6 years old I heard my parents say they where getting a new car ..I remember suggesting a 57 chev...we got a 58 ford station wagon ..I was disappointed. My first car was a 57 corvette ,traded a 305 Honda scrambler and 500$ ..those days are gone. So about 15 years ago I bought a 57 2 door hardtop belair .Bought from a father and son who I think were on drugs. So you may have guessed it was a basket case ..they didn't miss much(tearing things apart) before they realized they had a mess . So I got it, built a rotisserie and have cut off and welded back on about 35 different panel and braces ,new floor ,sectioned a quarter,new rockers and so on and on.So now I have learned how to tell people no and am trying to mostly only work on this car . I recently bought paint, almost ready to spray .It's still just a shell ,but the body is going to be super straight. After polishing it will be exciting to begin assly. So I live in northern California just off I-5 . I SURE I'LL BE BACK FOR HELP .THANKS Laire

Member #:516
    Welcome Laire I'm in norcal too, my dad just sold his '57 2 door hardtop!! He couldn't press the clutch down anymore so thought it best to let it go.

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    hi Laire and welcome. good to have you here.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:530
    Welcome Laire. I'm in SoCal and enjoyed your description of your history with cars. Post some progress pics of your 57 so we can be of help.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:4411
    Can't wait to see some photos!