Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Hello from a new Tri Five guy (finally)

Registered Member

Member #:4476

Hello from a new Tri Five guy (finally)

Wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Jim and I have been a car guy my whole life. I am fortunate to have grown up in a family that loves cars from a grandfather who built many cars to a dad that had me working on them since the age of 2. I fell in love with the 69 Camaro at the age of 10 back on 1972 and bought a 69Z in 1978 when I was 16 so I feel I was ahead of the "me too" era of that car. I also own a 51 Merc coupe which is a work in progress and a 65 Impala convertible I bought for my wife. I have always wanted a 55-56 big window pick-up and a 55 Chevrolet post or hardtop, I came across a 56 big window pickup project today and finally pulled the trigger. My wife has me on probation to buy any new projects but I have a 2 year old grandson who I know will be grandpa's car buddy and is already wrenching on projects with me that i bought the truck for. As i said the truck is a project with a late model front end already cut in and ready to go. I hope to get to know you guys and tap into your expertise for the build. This truck will be a driver but I am looking to do a few updates such as an LS motor, AC, etc. I appreciate being part of the group and look forward to getting to know the group.

Jim

Member #:3217
    Good luck with your project ... and getting your grandson into your car projects.. Keep us informed with photos as you go..?

Member #:530
    Welcome Jim. Can't beat a big window truck. The styling was spot on back in the day. Post some pics of your new truck soon.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    hi Jim and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.