Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: '57 Bel Air Interior Stainless

Registered Member

Member #:4419

'57 Bel Air Interior Stainless

Have a pair of original GM '57 Bel Air door panel stainless steel trim. All attachment tangs or prongs are intact, very nice shine with just a light polish. On small BB sized ding on lower side. Left and right, $50 for the pair plus shipping. IMG_3427.JPGIMG_3428.JPGIMG_3429.JPG

Registered Member

Lots of views but no interest? If I'm too high am open to reasonable offers. Not going to use them on my 210 interior but they will look good on a true Bel Air.

Member #:3217
    Dualfours: If you and the parts were in front of me (like at a swap meet?), I'd be interested and consider buying them, but long distance is not my preferred way to buy used parts... Photos don't give the best view, and the shipping would probably be as much as the purchase price (doubling the cost)... Advertise them locally.. car show, swap meets, or maybe local craigs list...?

Registered Member

Totally understand about the photos, hard to take good clear pics of chrome or stainless to show actual condition or slight imperfections. And for sure the shipping of parts is just crazy now days. I am on a few other websites, one for Chevelles and one for GM Chevrolet and GMC trucks. Have sold quite a few truck restoration parts but as mentioned the shipping kills a lot of interest. As for the swap meets, one by one here locally they are again and again cancelled as they get closer and closer to the date of the event. Have two more coming up next month but don't hold much hope they will actually happen.

Just as a question tho, am I in the ball park as to the value of these? They are in really, really nice condition considering the age. An actual buff and polish would be near show quality with just the very small BB size imperfection on the lower side edge of one. Curious I guess if I'm close on the value.

Member #:3217
    I think that's a good 'asking' price, but yuo should always be ready to negotiate if you have no need for the parts. Hold onto them til spring; maybe shows/meets will be more 'normal' by then?

Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. Anytime I do a swap meet I'm always negotiable to point on my items. I like a "deal" as well as the next person, LOL. Sure hope next year is better than this year has been for car shows and swap meets.