Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First post

Member #:528
    Welcome Rick from another that thinks he's taken way too long.
    If you had finished 5 years ago the components would still be more or less obsolete or not current. But that would not stop you from driving and enjoying it.
    I'm hoping to drive mine long after it is completely obsolete.
    Keep at it.
    Jim
    Just because it's old dosen't make it a classic:
    and just because it's rare doesn't make it cool.
    Picks & Vids

Registered Member

Member #:571
    I know everyone likes photos, so I'm going to try a couple of them.

First one is from a mockup months back. It's kind of misleading as I've replaced the driver side quarter panel since then. But now it looks just the same again.

Second one is part of my custom exhaust. Tig welded from mandrel bends, a Dr. Gas X pipe, and DMH cutouts.

Member #:115
    Hey Rick, it's about time we saw some pics again. It's looking great! Is the chassis pretty much finished now? How much more bodywork do you have to do? That quarter actually looks pretty good, but the pics probably don't show the true story.

I'm on the home stretch with mine...I think. All I have left is interior structure fabrication (console and rear seats) and mounting the seatbelts. My bodywork, gaps, fitting, and priming are all done, with the exception of final blocking. I had hoped to paint the car this spring, but it looks like it's going to be a bit later. I am adding onto my shop and won't paint it til that's done. I just don't have the room to blow the car apart again to a bare frame and re-assemble it after painting.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:571
    The chassis has been essentially done for quite some time. The supposed 3" lowering springs I had on there in that photo really weren't, so they are getting replaced.

That quarter looked good from 20'. It had an oil can that I didn't diagnose until later. I went back to fix it and never could satisfy myself, so that led to the quarter panel replacement.

The quarter panel will be done as soon as I get out of block sanding jail! The "only" thing left on the body after that is to hang all the bolt on sheet metal and get the gaps and across panel flatness right.

Registered Member

Member #:133
    Hiya Pal...

Nice to see you here. Now stick around, have fun with us and lets see some of those project pics of your post.

Don't think I've ever seen it? Finished mine and I just had it out on the street this past Sunday. It freakin ROCKS!

Registered Member

Member #:241
    Welcome Rick! I'm glad to see you here. You are an asset to any forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12