Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: New 57 3100 owner

Registered Member

Member #:4482

New 57 3100 owner

Hi all, I recently purchased a 57 oick up 3100 big back window with a 58/9 short fleetside bed. It is a started project I purchased. It has corvette c4 suspension front and rear with a LT1/4L60e drive train. My plan is replace the LT with a LS of some kind take care of the body and frame and make it a dependable driver/show truck. I have done a half dozen body offs on 67-73 Oldsmobile 442's and this is al new to me. I will have lots of question and have already enjoyed all the posts so far. Look forward to this projects and ready for this challenge. Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    hi Steve and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. cool project, have fun with it.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:3217
    You have the makings of a very nice truck! The trifive cab/fenders can't be beat in my opinion, but I'm not a great fan of the '58-9 bedsides...
    Good luck on your build; keep us informed and ask questions if you get stuck..

Registered Member

Member #:4482
    Thanks Guys, I will have questions along the way. I will not start the fun till fall and then the dissasembly begins. The body will need a lot of love to make it really nice. I am retired so have the time. Steve