Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: detailing info

Registered Member

Member #:4480

detailing info

hello all i just picked up a 55 belair convertible, where can i get a good restoration/detail paint book thanks...

Member #:3217
    Hey roadster: We're not mind readers and magicians here, just trifive enthusiasts with some experience and a willingness to help one another~

How about some photos and more information? What are you really looking for? Provide a photo of the cowl plate and we can provide the original colors for you and maybe direct you to a paint source for the colors (IF we know what your intentions/goals are), BUT.. there is no single book that provides restoration details and paint instructions specific to a '55 Chevy convertible (PS. Just in case you don't know, ALL trifive Convertibles were trimmed out as BelAirs - the only way Chevrolet sold/built them)..

Gary

Registered Member

detail info

Gary thanks for the info so you know im 70 and been doing cars for over 50 years i know the belair is the convertible,there are books out there with detail info as far a colors etc. i have a 70 chevelle SS with 27 k on it and restored it as well and did 30 cars prior to, the convertible is a car i will keep, as i said before thanks for your input....

Member #:3217
    Roadster, in that case you must have a lot of experience to share here with us as well.. Please tell us more about yourself and your cars.. Most of us have more than one (I have 12 or so myself).. and I'm 72..

Registered Member

experence

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Roadster, in that case you must have a lot of experience to share here with us as well.. Please tell us more about yourself and your cars.. Most of us have more than one (I have 12 or so myself).. and I'm 72..
    to be honest you come off a bit harsh im sure you are a nice guy, i know we are all different at this point in my life i dont need harsh i had harsh my whole life

my cars are what kept me in check beat iron etc. i dont boast to what i have or did just happy to be alive here , OK thats out of the way. so at one point i had 37 cars all completed by me down to 1 , i was in the military 37 years been all over , was a first responder/ survivor on 911 still have issues did a bit in homeland security , raised a family in all that. and love cars still, im not good with a cell phone i had 6 at any given time when i was active so i dumped them when i got out, so pictures would be hard i have a digital camera to take pictures when i need to document a restoration
    the car im restoring is a 55 belair convertible gypsy red and white, white top, red white interior, its a v8 265 p/s i have a p/brake unit new original going to send it out get it restored to concurs the car has 21 k on it, the guy i got it from has had it 40 years and just used it on Sunday, it needs a top maybe a good cleaning but works good some under hood detailing to ask me for pictures i have no clue how to post sorry but as i get close to complete i will try to do so, there ya have it thanks for responding

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    sounds like a neat ride. my sig says what i would do, good luck.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Registered Member

my ride

thank you it really is soon for pics

Member #:3292
    "to be honest you come off a bit harsh im sure you are a nice guy, i know we are all different at this point in my life i dont need harsh i had harsh my whole life".
    So, maybe not come off as a know it all, and folks might be more receptive.
    I'm done.

Registered Member

info

Quote Originally Posted by Old Buzzard View Post
    "to be honest you come off a bit harsh im sure you are a nice guy, i know we are all different at this point in my life i dont need harsh i had harsh my whole life".
    So, maybe not come off as a know it all, and folks might be more receptive.
    I'm done.
    hey buzzard if you read my first post, i was asking a question the second was from another saying were not magicians etc. and boasting of how many cars he did so please read before you bash anyone.. i was just saying what i did in my life to whom ever cares not you im sure now IM DONE....

Registered Member

QUESTION

buzzard, in that case you must have a lot of experience to share here with us as well.. Please tell us more about yourself and your cars.. Most of us have more than one (I have 12 or so myself).. and I'm 72..
    so there ya go i was asked by Bama Nomad to share not boast i never do, as you said im done oh thanks for welcoming me to the group

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast