Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Hello first time user here

Registered Member

Member #:4485

Hello first time user here

Hello to all from Browns Point, WA
    My wife and I are finally going to purchase our first TriFive, not sure why we've taken so long to do it? We have several cars, but non of which fuel our passion like a TriFives, so it's now time!! The Nomad has been our favorite since forever, but it's been very tough to locate one in a good price range. Don't get too mad, but three of our current cars we keep in storage are Mopars. With that said, we do own two Chevy's, '97 SS S-10 and a lonely little '73 GT VEGA.

Our heart is truly with the TriFives probably started back 50 years ago when my mother told the story and showed me pictures of my fathers incredible '56 two tone Bel Air. My mother was never so disappointed when he traded it in for a Rambler of all things since he felt starting a family meant getting a family car. She told him to go back and bring the '56 back home!! The passion my mother expressed and showed over the years for that car was something I'll never forget... at that moment ( 5 years old) I thought to myself I gotta see what this car is that drivers my mother with such passion.

Everyone have a great day and it looks like my wife is pushing for a '57 hard top.

Davis out.
    Last edited by epicure43; 08-26-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Member #:3217
    A '56 BelAir in two tone paint is a fantastic looking car, and absolutely beautiful on a Nomad! There ARE a number of Nomads in the Washington and Oregon region. Are you looking locally? Search Craigslist, and AutosOnLine for Nomads in your region of the country... Try not to buy a car sight unseen (the potential problems are many), but DO go and LOOK at as many possible cars are you can before you make a decision.

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    hi Dave and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. wife sounds like a keeper, lucky you.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:3217
    A friend in TN just told me today that he bought a '56 Nomad a couple of days ago in TN but it had come from WA state. He's now sold it to someone in GEorgia and it was originally Harbor Blue and Nassau blue... which is one of the more beautiful striking combos...