Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: relocating front seat

Registered Member

Member #:4480

relocating front seat

hello all on my 55 chevy belair i m reading i can move the front seat back a few inches, i read there are brackets called bench seat relocation brackets has anyone used them hard easy ? thanks all

Member #:3217
    I put some in my '69 CAmaro driver's side seat. I'm not sure how they are made for a trifive. Have you searched for them and seen photos of the parts?

Registered Member

Member #:4480

seat relocation

ecklers has these relocation brackets, i will let you guys know when i get them no drilling thats a good thing. thanks for asking...

Thanks for posting a source,! I hadn't seen those before. A 4" relocation of the front seat to the rear would provide a lot more front seat room, but would totally eliminate the rear seat leg/foot room!

One could make these themselves pretty easily and 'customize it for the extra amount you actually needed (rather than 4").. Two plates, drilled and tapped appropriately with a few bolts! If you knew who supplied these to Ecklers, you could buy them cheaper than $131 and get better customer service and delivery ... Ecklers sucks more each day than the day before!

Banned

Member #:2775
    I bought a bucket seat mounting frame designed to bolt to the original bench seat holes. The seat would go slide back far enough, but I thought too much of the seat track was hanging off the back. I made plates 4in x 18in 3/16ths steel to move the seat frame back 3 inches.
    IMG_8251.JPGIMG_8252 (1).JPG

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I have short legs and a long body, don't see the need for this modification.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I have short legs and a long body, don't see the need for this modification.
    Yeah, and my dog is going to need a booster seat to see out.
    IMG_3185.JPG

Member #:4375
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    I bought a bucket seat mounting frame designed to bolt to the original bench seat holes. The seat would go slide back far enough, but I thought too much of the seat track was hanging off the back. I made plates 4in x 18in 3/16ths steel to move the seat frame back 3 inches.
    I like this solution.

j

I like RD's solution as well.

RD: was that 'mounting frame' an OTS solution sold by someone? Can you provide a link?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    I like RD's solution as well.

RD: was that 'mounting frame' an OTS solution sold by someone? Can you provide a link?
    I got the seats, and the mounting frame from Corbeau. They make a bucket seat frame for almost any make or year car you can think of. I was surprised how well it was made, and with 1/8 inch powder coated steel.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 08-30-2020 at 02:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast