Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: original colors

Registered Member

Member #:4480

paint

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Honestly, I have never seen AC Delco blue offered anywhere. Its pretty close to the Ford Blue on my dads junkstang.
    i agree i couldn't find delco blue, now was it corporate blue? ty

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by roadster601@aol.com View Post
    thanks for getting back to me,honestly i have the oil filter orange/blue but do like the original factory filter housing, to get a factory filter housing is like a hens tooth. if you ever come across one keep me in mind thanks again.
    Roadster: The orange/blue over the counter dealership FILTER is exactly the same as the factory installed oil filter, with the ONLY difference being the color it's painted and the contrasting decals for the instructions.

i agree i couldn't find delco blue, now was it corporate blue? ty
    Ford engine blue...

Registered Member

paint

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Ford engine blue...

this is what i needed thanks

Registered Member

paint

Roadster: The orange/blue over the counter dealership FILTER is exactly the same as the factory installed oil filter, with the ONLY difference being the color it's painted and the contrasting decals for the instructions.
    lou here as always thanks

Registered Member

oil filter

wow very nice TY

hey bama, i love the factory filter black better than the aftermarket any ideas where i can pick one up..

If you find ANY factory V8 oil filter, just strip it and paint it the way you want. If I was going to restore one, I'd do it black also. I included a link for the white decals in an earlier response in this thread (if you do a black one). I probably have an extra one (needing restoration) - IF I could find it in my junk, but you can find one on ebay or ?? easier than I can find one in my shop..

Here is one on ebay (but very expensive IMO)... about twice what I sold one last year for..
    https://www.ebay.com/i/184270376340?...caAiW0EALw_wcB

PS. The black/white oil filter I showed earlier which was in a restored '55 engine compartment was a 'special' one, for an 'airconditioned' car. Those are extremely rare and expensive if you could find one, and are only slightly different than the std one for the V8.
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 09-09-2020 at 05:57 AM.

Registered Member

oil filter

If you find ANY factory V8 oil filter, just strip it and paint it the way you want. If I was going to restore one, I'd do it black also. I included a link for the white decals in an earlier response in this thread (if you do a black one). I probably have an extra one (needing restoration) - IF I could find it in my junk, but you can find one on ebay or ?? easier than I can find one in my shop..

Here is one on ebay (but very expensive IMO)... about twice what I sold one last year for..
    https://www.ebay.com/i/184270376340?...caAiW0EALw_wcB

PS. The black/white oil filter I showed earlier which was in a restored '55 engine compartment was a 'special' one, for an 'airconditioned' car. Those are extremely rare and expensive if you could find one, and are only slightly different than the std one for the V8.
    i do have the oil filter housing on the car, so a suggestion would be black with white stenciling/decals is it a good judging item in black, bama thanks again

you're welcome roadster... we're all here to help one another, and hopefully get a little help when we need it..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12