Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 1957 2d post starting soon

Registered Member

Member #:4460

1957 2d post starting soon

Hi! Is there audience for whole youtube series about restoring 1957 bel air? My car is comming from us in about month or so and wondering if i make whole series about the car project? Its gonna have 4 link, air bags on all 4 corners, smoothed firewall, raingear wipers, massive audio system ls1 engine and 4l60e trans etc. Im thinking off doing short videos on everything im doing to the car.

Also should i release the videos after the car is ready or when i make them?

Ass all of you know this is gonna take the whole winter to do or maybe more. The car is sand blasted in the us and frame is painted but im gonna remove the frame from the chassis and paint the bottom of the floor also and easier to do the air bags with the frame off and also the 4link much easier that way.

But what do you think, is it worth the trouble? Im thinking that youtube might even pay me little if i had enough audience on those videos.

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    plenty on there now, so don't just do it to think you will make money. do it for the fun it will give you. nothing to lose, plus you would have documentation of the build.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:3217
    I echo what Carl said... Good advice..

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by carls 56 View Post
    plenty on there now, so don't just do it to think you will make money. do it for the fun it will give you. nothing to lose, plus you would have documentation of the build.
    Thank you for response! I thought that there might be audience for the build and its quite fun also To make video of the whole build and if i ever want To sell the car all is documented as you said 👍🏻

Member #:3454
    Do a build thread on here. Post pictures as you build the car.
    Glenn Hargrove

USAF (66-70) Viet Nam Vet

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Do a build thread on here. Post pictures as you build the car.
    Thanks i will!

Registered Member

Hi! I got the parts, well not all but something to get going. I started the rear diff and this is the first part for this. Its gonna have 4link and bags so lot to ne done when the car arrives. Car should be here in thursday so few days to wait still

Registered Member

I desised to paint the calibers because rear ones where grey and front ones where yellow anodised so i painted them all red jarrusatuloiden maalaus.jpg

Registered Member

Hi! Got the car and started working on it. Heres quick video about the car etc

Member #:3217
    Thanks for the video, Timo... seems you purchased a '57 BelAir sedan with solid sheet metal. Did you get a cowl plate with the car? It's most likely an original harbor blue/larkspur blue car, but the cowl tag will tell you for sure.

Has the body been off the frame? I'd suggest you spend some time *adjusting* both doors to the body before modifying the original sheet metal. Adjust the doors to the body, and then the front clip to the body and doors... There are adjustments and shim points to take care of *most* of the gap problems.

Good luck on your project and keep us all informed!

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast