Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: decode the stamp pad

  1. #1
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020

    Member #:4480
    Posts
    62

    decode the stamp pad

    OK now before everyone goes nuts i dont know where to find this info, is there a decoding section at tri five to decode my engine stamp pad and body tag thanks...

  2. #2
    Registered Member BamaNomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Member #:3217
    Location
    Rocket City, USA (Huntsville, AL area)
    Posts
    2,267
    Danchuk has a section in their catalog (Sec 17) which gives most of the original specification data for our cars. You should be able to find it there since you want to look it up yourself..

    https://www.danchuk.com/images/Downl...inal-Specs.pdf

    PS. MOST of the vendors maintain such sections (probably to help their sales people more than helping their customers)..

    If you can't find what you're looking for, then hit us with your detailed questions..

  3. #3
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020

    Member #:4480
    Posts
    62

    engine stamp pad

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Danchuk has a section in their catalog (Sec 17) which gives most of the original specification data for our cars. You should be able to find it there since you want to look it up yourself..

    https://www.danchuk.com/images/Downl...inal-Specs.pdf

    PS. MOST of the vendors maintain such sections (probably to help their sales people more than helping their customers)..

    If you can't find what you're looking for, then hit us with your detailed questions..
    hello bama is there a way to decode the engine stamp pad # 02943I2T55FB the engine is a 55 265 4 barrel TY

  4. #4
    Administrator 567chevys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Member #:3
    Location
    Woodland Washington
    Posts
    2,184

    1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2019 Ford Suoer Duty F350
    2018 Ford Explorer
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back

  5. #5
    Administrator 567chevys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Member #:3
    Location
    Woodland Washington
    Posts
    2,184
    Another one from this site


    http://www.trifivechevys.com/attachm...4&d=1519397744

    Thanks Sid

    1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2019 Ford Suoer Duty F350
    2018 Ford Explorer
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back

  6. #6
    Registered Member BamaNomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016

    Member #:3217
    Location
    Rocket City, USA (Huntsville, AL area)
    Posts
    2,267
    Quote Originally Posted by roadster601@aol.com View Post
    hello bama is there a way to decode the engine stamp pad # 02943I2T55FB the engine is a 55 265 4 barrel TY
    Yes, The first V8s (1955) were a little different than later, as

    1) the first set of numbers (0294312) is a sequence number for the engine (think of it as the 'engine serial number'). In a few states, this stamping was used as the vehicle serial number on the title, as VIN plates were new at the time.

    The remainder of the engine stamping is more consistent with later years.

    2) The 'T' means the engine was assembled at the GM Tonawanda (NY) engine plant.
    3) '55' is of course the model year.
    4) and the suffix 'FB' indicates a 4-bbl, 205 hp 265 ci, driving a Powerglide trans in the Passenger car.

  7. #7
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020

    Member #:4480
    Posts
    62

    stamp pad

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Yes, The first V8s (1955) were a little different than later, as

    1) the first set of numbers (0294312) is a sequence number for the engine (think of it as the 'engine serial number'). In a few states, this stamping was used as the vehicle serial number on the title, as VIN plates were new at the time.

    The remainder of the engine stamping is more consistent with later years.

    2) The 'T' means the engine was assembled at the GM Tonawanda (NY) engine plant.
    3) '55' is of course the model year.
    4) and the suffix 'FB' indicates a 4-bbl, 205 hp 265 ci, driving a Powerglide trans in the Passenger car.

    lou here, bama on my vin is C55T084072, I read on the vin plate if the number set up should begin with a letter V for v8 if no letter it was a six cylinder or did it vary from state to state..

  8. #8
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Member #:571
    Posts
    4,294
    There is an engine number as described above and a VIN on the body. They are different, but every original car had both.

    Bama's comment was about which of these is on the title.

  9. #9
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020

    Member #:4480
    Posts
    62

    vin

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    There is an engine number as described above and a VIN on the body. They are different, but every original car had both.

    Bama's comment was about which of these is on the title.
    hello C55T084072 is on the title, OK so a NEW question could this be a 6 cylinder #, so i read a the letter V would be for a 8 and no letter would be a 6 is this true cross the board... Ty

    as always thanks

  10. #10
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020

    Member #:4480
    Posts
    62

    vin

    [QUOTE=roadster601@aol.com;57049]hello C55T084072 is on the title, OK so a NEW question could this be a 6 cylinder #, so i read a the letter V would be for a 8 and no letter would be a 6 is this true cross the board.now the engine#02943I2T55FB any help...Ty


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •