Hi, Folks--I just rejoined after forgetting PW etc. Anyway Snail Worker here but really Ed T. I'm a snowbird (Wis. /Fla) and currently in Florida with car in Wis. Mentally wanting to be with my car but the weather in Wis is too much.

I have been driving my 57 Belair 4 dr Post for 2-3 years and decided to swap the original 283 with 350 since I wanted PS and PB and maybe AC. Anyway have the engine and tranny married and new mounts etc. Have a couple issues you might also have had along the way. Any help will be appreciated.

Issue 1: New PS pump Saganaw has an o-ring hi pressure female fitting and my hoses from "Speedway" have flaired end. Can't return the Chrome Pump and get different one. Looking for adapter but don't understand lingo of AN6 etc in speedway on line catalogs. Is 5/8" fitting the same as 16mm?

Issue 2: New Alum Radiator to be mounted in front of support bar touches when hood closure is tested. I got special radiator from engineered cooling just for this install and the top outlet is fine and matches the u-shape in the hood bracket. The interference is because the distance between the hood and center of radiator top can and the radiator is sitting on the lower pan. (Interference occurs just after first safety latch engages) Can this pan be moved down without cutting relief hole in the pan? I don't know the history of the car and suspect the front end has probably been rebuilt. I say this because someone hhas modified the latch bracket to make it shorter. I don't want to start changing things that will screw up my hood to fender fit etc. Again any help is appeciated.

BTW--What are "TAGS" ? Need to study website more

Ed Snail Worker