Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 57 Chevy Pickup Project

Registered Member

Member #:4482

57 Chevy Pickup Project

Hi All, Just starting on this project and will take a couple of years at least. I bought this truck started but needs a complete budy off. This will be a restomod. Right now it has C4 suspension front and rear with a LT1/4L60E which will be replaced with a LS 6.0/4L80E. It also has a 58/9 Fleetside box instead of the stepside box. I do most of my own work but don't sew the seats. I will try and update this thread as I go along. The only thing I ahve done so far is take all the lights/Grille and bumpers off. I am doing a lot of planning though. Will post some pics when I figure out how to. Thanks Steve
    Last edited by 57fleetside; 09-13-2020 at 06:04 AM.

Member #:1723
    Hi 57fleetside!
    Welcome! I look forward to your build posts - sounds like a fair amount of work has been done, with the C4 suspension setup. Looking forward to your pics (there are helps on how to post pics at the top of the forum listings).
    Doug

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    sounds good, looking forward to pics Steve.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Registered Member

I think my pictures are to big. Will have to resize them. Thanks for the suggestion. Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Belair-o View Post
    Hi 57fleetside!
    Welcome! I look forward to your build posts - sounds like a fair amount of work has been done, with the C4 suspension setup. Looking forward to your pics (there are helps on how to post pics at the top of the forum listings).
    Doug

Member #:3217
    Regarding 'image size', there are really two issues:

1) # of pixels (horiz and vert) in the image. This parameter is what makes the image go beyond the actual screen size. HDTV screens are usually from 1280x720 ranging up to 1920x1080 pixels, so any 'pixel size' beyond these will be larger than the display device.

2) File Size (# of bytes in the image file on your computer). Generally if a software system tells you the image is too large, it's the file size the software has problems with. Some of the automobile enthusiast sites I go to limit 'file sizes' to 300 kilobytes in size.

If the image is NOT compressed, there is a direct correllation between the two parameters above, but for compressed images there can be large differences in the two. Most of us use JPEG compression (filename.jpg) for our image files to save space on our computer disks, and for these files you can use 'free software' which works very good. One such software that I use is called 'Light Image Resizer' which works very well and very quickly and can 'size' both of the parameters above. You can download it for free here.

https://download.cnet.com/Light-Imag...-10529104.html

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    Regarding 'image size', there are really two issues:

1) # of pixels (horiz and vert) in the image. This parameter is what makes the image go beyond the actual screen size. HDTV screens are usually from 1280x720 ranging up to 1920x1080 pixels, so any 'pixel size' beyond these will be larger than the display device.

2) File Size (# of bytes in the image file on your computer). Generally if a software system tells you the image is too large, it's the file size the software has problems with. Some of the automobile enthusiast sites I go to limit 'file sizes' to 300 kilobytes in size.

If the image is NOT compressed, there is a direct correllation between the two parameters above, but for compressed images there can be large differences in the two. Most of us use JPEG compression (filename.jpg) for our image files to save space on our computer disks, and for these files you can use 'free software' which works very good. One such software that I use is called 'Light Image Resizer' which works very well and very quickly and can 'size' both of the parameters above. You can download it for free here.

https://download.cnet.com/Light-Imag...-10529104.html
    Thank You very much for the link. Here are the pics of my project. I will try and post as I go along. Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

Member #:4419
    Good looking truck project. Just a suggestion but if interested you might also check out www.67-72chevytrucks.com website. That website was a BIG help when I restored my '71 Chevy 4x4. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks there. Used parts from members and new parts from various vendors. If your interested, I have an original 1957 Chevrolet Owner's and Operator's manual. Good luck with the build.

Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestions. Will check it out. Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Dualfours View Post
    Good looking truck project. Just a suggestion but if interested you might also check out www.67-72chevytrucks.com website. That website was a BIG help when I restored my '71 Chevy 4x4. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks there. Used parts from members and new parts from various vendors. If your interested, I have an original 1957 Chevrolet Owner's and Operator's manual. Good luck with the build.

Member #:1723
    Great project! Loved the shot with the grill in, looks great!
    Regards, Doug

Registered Member

Thank You....This will be a 2 year project I hope. Will really get started on it as the weather gets colder. Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Belair-o View Post
    Great project! Loved the shot with the grill in, looks great!
    Regards, Doug

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast