Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Smart parts for doors needed...

Member #:3217

Smart parts for doors needed...

In assembling my doors, and gathering up parts to do so, I've discovered that when I purchased my 'disassembled' Nomad, I am missing a few more small parts:

1) door lock retainers - I have one and need another...

2) the plastic 'washers' which protect the door panels from the window cranks and handles. I have one and need 5 more...

3) The *springs' which go behind the window cranks and door handles (behind the door panels). I need all 6 ..

These parts are available reproduction, but I dislike reproduction parts and prefer to *restore* original parts. If you have some of these parts and would be willing to part with them. Let me know. by PM (Notification), or via email:
    gdwylie@knology.net

Thanks,

Registered Member

Member #:4419
    Pretty sure I can help with the needed "springs" . Will check the meager parts stash I have for tri-fives and get back with you via a PM.

SMALL parts for doors.. and I can't edit the subject line!~ No idea why my fingers went wild typing that one, or how my brain missed seeing it..

I don't think any of these trifive parts are that 'smart'....

Registered Member

Found the door springs. Sending you a PM.

Several of you responded that you believed you had the small parts I needed and was missing for my door assembly, and I thank you all!~ .. but I received the parts I was missing today in a 'gift box' from one of my trifive friends..

I will be restoring these parts for use on my car, knowing when ready they will FIT and FUNCTION as designed; which is much better than trying to figure out what is wrong and how to fix 'reproduction parts'...

Gary

Registered Member

Gary, glad you found the needed parts. Nothing fits as well and works like original GM parts for sure.