Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Cargo Pan Pieces

Registered Member

Member #:610

Cargo Pan Pieces

Is anyone able to get me the dimensions of this part that is spot welded to the bottom of the cargo pan. The part is between the size of a post-it note and a flash card. There are four of them and the gas tank presses up against them so that the top of the gas tank touches them. They seem to have a slight curve. I also need to know the guage of sheetmetal these parts are made of. I ordered a new cargo pan some years ago and now see the newer pans have these additional pieces that mine didn't come with. My original cargo pan was rusted so bad that these pieces had already crumbled to tiny bits and I could tell something was missing, but I never really knew what it looked like. Now that I know, I contacted Real Deal Steel, Danchuk, Classic Industries, Golden Star and none of them have these pieces for sale and or are unwilling to sell them to me as a set on their own (it seems Real Deal Steel used to). Any help is appreciated. I would post a pic, but I'm on my phone and there aren't any tools/commands/buttons I can find to post the pic.

Member #:3217
    Can you ask one of those vendors to take a detailed photo of that section under their new floor pan for you?

Registered Member

Member #:610
    Well, I have some images I would like to post; however, when attempting to upload from my computer, the button to do so is not available. I tried to link and then tried to upload the images from Google Drive but couldn't seem to do so. I am unsure of who the administrator(s) currently is/are? I have seen posts in the past that mention someone named Sid and I am assuming this is the administrator for this site or was at some point?

Registered Member

Member #:571
    FYI, Sid is the owner and I'm sure he'll give you a hand when he sees this. His screen name is 567chevys.

Member #:3217